Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do Any Of The Prospectors In This Group Use COMC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Personally, I have never performed a transaction on COMC. Just wondering if you guys have. Sorry if this is pretty elementary, but I'm not seeing the point at least in prospecting.

I know there are plenty of Topps/Bowman prospects on there but if there's a reason to use the system as a prospector I'm not seeing it. If you have any particular success stories or other anecdotes I'd love to hear them.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Mostly lower end stuff. the fees are 20% but you need to cash out $250 or so w/o an additional fee. The days of the deals were a few years back. If the site could gain more exposure, it would save a LOT of time and work.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
You send the cards to COMC and they do all the work. You just have to accept/decline offers.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Never tried it yet, but once eBay gets on my final nerve (that's "when", not "if"), I'll give it a whirl.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I guess I don't understand why people claim eBay is so much work. Seems pretty simple to me and there's only been like one or two out of the 500 transactions I've done that have had an issue....

I don't see COMC overtaking eBay as the pre-eminent trading card marketplace ever.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I guess I don't understand why people claim eBay is so much work. Seems pretty simple to me and there's only been like one or two out of the 500 transactions I've done that have had an issue....

I don't see COMC overtaking eBay as the pre-eminent trading card marketplace ever.

Ebay isn't worth my time if the card won't sell for more than $10. All my cards less than $10 go to COMC. If you have a ton of cards like I do, COMC is worth it. Actually if you HAD a ton of cards - I literally sent about 5000 to COMC.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008

Ebay never seemed like much work for me either. But after I graduated and got a full time job, and deciding I wanted to do greater volume in selling cards, it became a lot more difficult. Coming home from work to a stack of 10 bubble mailers gets overwhelming. I have a stack of BDP autos that need to go to BGS but haven't had the time to clean the cards. I see others have received their grading orders back and listed them on ebay already.

COMC is a dumping ground for low end stuff. I don't think it would be good if COMC became more popular than ebay and do not prefer the site over ebay. It's formulated for it's users to spend money, whether or not the user is a buyer or seller. It's certainly worth creating an account and checking out, but you'll make much more money using ebay.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
With COMC's inability to catalog cards lately, and realizing I put a lot more $ into the site than I've gotten back, I've begun dumping my inventory. I will be doing my best to resist the urge of prospecting on that site in the future. Sure, if I come across a deal, I'll still pick it up, but the plan is to get a few cards shipped to sell on ebay, dump everything else, and stop spending time on COMC. I guess I realized I should have been doing this in a previous post in this thread.

Latest posts