Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What "game used" item hasn't been in a card that you'd like to see?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Started a thread to list and see all items which have been put into a card over the years: http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131857

Which got me thinking... what "game used" item hasn't been put into a card that you'd like to see?

IMO, outside of jersey's and baseball bats, they don't put enough unique items in cards.

My personal thought is it'd be nice to see bat cards which show the outer part of the bat... similar to the nameplate but just the sides of the bat. I just think it has so much more character and you don't see those ever outside of nameplates or knobs.

Any other creative ideas?

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
IMO, outside of jersey's and baseball bats, they don't put enough unique items in cards.

So wait, balls, bases, on deck circles, outfield walls, infield dirt, stadium benches, pieces of stadiums, hats, pants, belts, gloves, batting gloves, jackets, warning track, grass, turf, etc arent unique?
Im confused.............

There was a release, think it was Sweet Spot, that had Game Used Barrels (not nameplates from barrels), from 2005-2007ish (Think the Yount collector has one)

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I think they should just get it over with and make game-used jock cards. Brian Gray, you man enough for this?

But the chest protector thing is a good idea. I'm a big fan of the A&G cabinet cards with the full numbers or nameplates and would love to see more cards like that.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So wait, balls, bases, on deck circles, outfield walls, infield dirt, stadium benches, pieces of stadiums, hats, pants, belts, gloves, batting gloves, jackets, warning track, grass, turf, etc arent unique?
Im confused.............

There was a release, think it was Sweet Spot, that had Game Used Barrels (not nameplates from barrels), from 2005-2007ish (Think the Yount collector has one)
No, all those things are unique... I guess my point was they don't use that stuff enough. Maybe it's just me but how many of those things were used in ALL of 2013? Just curious because I'm assuming not even half were. It's usually jersey, bat, nameplates, patches, knobs, etc. Why not use bases? Why not use on-deck circles or warning tracks? Why not use catchers gear or gloves?

Your comment makes it sound like the recently releases were flooded with all sorts of unique items and I beg to differ.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
No, all those things are unique... I guess my point was they don't use that stuff enough. Maybe it's just me but how many of those things were used in ALL of 2013? Just curious because I'm assuming not even half were. It's usually jersey, bat, nameplates, patches, knobs, etc. Why not use bases? Why not use on-deck circles or warning tracks? Why not use catchers gear or gloves?

Your comment makes it sound like the recently releases were flooded with all sorts of unique items and I beg to differ.

My comment was based on your comment that companies dont put enough unique items in cards, which I took as over the course of time, not in the present day, which is why I said I was confused after showing example after example.
Topps is the only licensed player in the game, they could put a pile of dog XXXX in a pack and people would buy it and XXXXX, then wash, rinse and repeat. Until there is competition in the market (licensed that is), Topps has ZERO reason to produce unique items. Thats just my $.02

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Game used hypodermic needles. Can you imagine what a quad booklet with autos on one side and drug paraphernalia on the other of Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Palmeiro would go for?

GUCD231

Apr 21, 2009
DEER PARK,NY
Your cool threads got me thinking.Which player do you think has the most different types of memorabilia cards?I have a good front runner in mind I can post pics of each individual card as I Pc him.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
The catcher's chest protector nameplate would be pretty cool and likely would fit in a standard-sized card.

Maybe they could also use the player's embroidered name from the thumb of their fielding glove. A full one would likely need a jumbo box-topper card or something though. Some guys have shorter nicknames and their gloves though... Tulowitzki's "Tulo" comes to mind as one that might fit in a standard-size card.

- Rodrick

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I don't think the market would be very big for this, and most of the average baseball fan wouldn't know who these guys were, but what about something from the umpires? Maybe just stick to the guys who are known for bad calls or something.

Or what about something from announcers who have had infamous calls. Is there anything out there gu/auto wise of someone like Vin Scully?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I don't think the market would be very big for this, and most of the average baseball fan wouldn't know who these guys were, but what about something from the umpires? Maybe just stick to the guys who are known for bad calls or something.

Or what about something from announcers who have had infamous calls. Is there anything out there gu/auto wise of someone like Vin Scully?
These are both really good ideas!

Using this thought as a guide... how about items from Owners? or what about Managers?

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I would like to see the inner tagging from a jersey that says "46-00-Set 2-14" or have their name. Yankees used to do tgis and I know other teams have too. Or the same type from pants. I'll see if I can find a pic.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I would like to see the inner tagging from a jersey that says "46-00-Set 2-14" or have their name. Yankees used to do tgis and I know other teams have too. Or the same type from pants. I'll see if I can find a pic.

It does make you wonder why every player doesn't have something like this? I mean if it's a game worn jersey of player xyz, there are tags, buttons, etc. of the jersey. Do they just throw all those parts away? There has never been a tag, button, etc. for Albert Belle but they've had jersey pieces for the last 3 years of his.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Some have uniform number, some have name. Here's a Blue Jays from 93. Uniform number, year and set number.

BlueJaysTag.jpg

Here's the tagging from some Yankee pants. Jerseys were similar but I can't find a pic of those at the moment. Player name, year, set number and length.

YankeesPants.jpg

Last edited:

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX

I don't know how legit this is, but I kept it because I thought it was cool...pulled it in one of those retail packs left under the tree one Christmas...it's the inner stitching jersey number to match the set.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL

Kinda close to what you described...

05UDMLBARTIFACTSTAGS1.jpg

Members online

Latest posts