Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A "what would you do" thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Watching ABC's show made me think of a card one. So what would you do in these scenarios?

1. You are at a show where a young kid pulls out a Jeter autograph from a pack.
He asks the dealer if it's real and dealer lies and says "no" but offers him $5 and the kid accepts.

As the dealer goes in his pocket for the five dollars, a $100 bill falls out and floats to your feet with no one seeing.....What do you do?

2. You are looking through a one dollar box and see a 1993 finest Griffey refractor. Knowing the dealer couldn't tell it was a Refractor, what do you do?

3. Same situation, but this time it's an upper deck certified autograph griffey card. Obviously a misplaced card by the dealer and no chance he didn't realize what it is.

4. You look at a dealer showcase and notice he has that "2001" bowman chrome reprint of Pujols for $200. Is he trying to pull a fast one or maybe he thinks it's an AUTOGRAPHED reprint.

5. Same situation but this time there's a $2000 price tag.

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
1. You are at a show where a young kid pulls out a Jeter autograph from a pack.
He asks the dealer if it's real and dealer lies and says "no" but offers him $5 and the kid accepts.

As the dealer goes in his pocket for the five dollars, a $100 bill falls out and floats to your feet with no one seeing.....What do you do?

I would go up to the kid and offer him the $100 dollar bill for the rest of the cards.

2. You are looking through a one dollar box and see a 1993 finest Griffey refractor. Knowing the dealer couldn't tell it was a Refractor, what do you do?

I would say, "is this really $1?"

3. Same situation, but this time it's an upper deck certified autograph griffey card. Obviously a misplaced card by the dealer and no chance he didn't realize what it is.

Same as the second answer

4. You look at a dealer showcase and notice he has that "2001" bowman chrome reprint of Pujols for $200. Is he trying to pull a fast one or maybe he thinks it's an AUTOGRAPHED reprint.

Offer him $2

5. Same situation but this time there's a $2000 price tag.

Offer him $2.22

IndiansFan

Aug 5, 2013
USA
1. I would give the man his hundred back and tell the kid what the card is really worth.
2. I would buy the card for $1 dollar
3. Probably buy the card, but the dealer would see what is was when I would try to buy it so I probably would not get the card for $1 dollar

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'd tell the kid the dealer is scamming him huge. Don't do it.

I'd buy the Griffey Refractor and Auto. If he said the auto was a mistake, I'd say, fine no worries. As for the Refractor, if the dealer's of today can't figure out which is which, find a different profession.

I'd question him on the Pujols, have a brief discussion and then move on. If it was for $2K, I'd shake my head and thank my lucky stars I have a brain.

Latest posts