Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many saved eBay searches do you have and how often do you check?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Be honest, how many saved eBay searches do you have and how often do you check them? Also, is it mainly on your smartphone or do you use a PC for this? If you care to share any or any further detail, please do ;)

For me, I currently have 9 saved searches but have had as many as probably 12. I'll add them periodically if a new release for Belle comes out or if there is a tough card I'm looking for and don't want to over look it with my "Belle" saved search. Obviously deleting the saved search when eventually purchased. I also just use the iPhone app for this... not even sure how to use it on the PC.

I check mine multiple times a day, especially once in the AM and once probably at night.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I have two saved searches. A custom one for bagwell that excludes about four or five different sellers (cuz they are just plain dumb and list base cards for ten dollars and have no pictures) and exclude six or seven different terms. And a basic one for biggio, for when i look for cards for Nick.

i use my ipad, i check almost every morning, and usually in the evening.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I have two: "Olerud" & "Arencibia", refined to only those that offer shipping to Canada.

I check via my smartphone several times a day but rarely see anything worth bidding on or watching. Usually it's nickel and dime stuff with shipping rates north of $10 plus "import charges". Occasionally I'll find a good deal though!

- Rodrick

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I have lots. Check on my phone. I usually check them all after work each day when I get home. Sometimes I'll check randomly during the day, but don't check every search at that time. I have Henderson searches, some are specific like Z2 or Diamond, Platinum or other words for parallels and new autos such as Tier 1 or Five Star. Also jersey searches with team and brand. Total searches: 31

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
I think I have forty or so saved searches, some are general like the players name, others are more specific. I check all the time, especially when I get bored at work. Sometimes I find pretty good deals that just get listed.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Probably 40 or so.

Northcutt
Northcut
Josh Johnson
Johnson Strasburg
Johnson Sanchez
Johnson Willis
Johnson Ramirez
Ramirez Cabrera
Johnson Stanton
Ramirez Stanton
McCown
Brandon Browner
WCCW
FMW
IWA
Guidugli
Mike Walker
WWE VHS
WWF VHS
WCW VHS
MST3K
Mystery Science Theater 3000
Kerry Collins
Bledsoe 1993
Bledsoe 1994
Bledsoe 1995
Bledsoe 1996
Bledsoe 1997
Bledsoe 1998
Abreu
Bobby Abreu
Bob Abreu
Derrek Lee
Derek Lee
Kotsay
Zych
Vanegas
Pfeiffer
Pfeifer
Swope
Ryan Swope
Walter Reyes
Ki-Jana Carter
Powell Vereen
Powell Ridley
Young Johnson
Young Pettis

I think those are 'most' of my searches. I know I'm missing some. :oops:

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Probably 40 or so.

I think those are 'most' of my searches. I know I'm missing some. :oops:

Why not consolidate some of those?

You can replace Bobby Abreu and Bob Abreu with this:

(Bob,Bobby) Abreu

Learn to use the advanced options and you can get a lot more done with fewer searches:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/search/advanced-search.html#using

This is a search I use to try and track the 1993 Topps R&N China Porcelain set:

topps (ceramic,porcelain,porcaline, porcelin) -nba -ufc -nfl -stein -mug -babe -ryan -mantle -ripken -griffey

This is my Hensley Meulens search (to catch all the usual mispellings):

(meulens, muelens, meullens, muellens)

My Dave Winfield search:

Dave (Winfield,Winfeild,Windfield)

My Tuffy Rhodes search (with the -dmitri to eliminate all the Dmitri Young listings that include his wikipedia article about hitting 3HR on opening day):

("tuffy rhodes","karl rhodes") -dmitri

I've got 9 or 10 searches I follow. I usually check them a couple times a day from my phone.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
98 saved searches, emailed once per day and filtered by my email program to its own folder. Only takes about 5 mins to check everyday.

A lot of overpriced results for the stuff I'm interested in, so I should probably redo the searches with a dollar price limiter so the ripoff stuff won't be emailed to me every day.

Julz24

Jun 11, 2013
San Francisco
Wow!! You're about to cut my searches In half with that information. Thanks!!

I have about 20 or so searches with various variations of my two guys. I check probably 10-15 times a day

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Several dozen...plus I'm enrolled in a text messaging service for the really critical stuff. If they hit, I know within 5 minutes. I check all searches probably 3 times a day; one of my browsers is set to all of them as home pages, so as soon as I open, all my searches pop open too.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Search the same three every morning whilst using the water closet.

Ha! This has nothing to do with the topic, but I was just watching The Green Mile, and was like, why does the bathroom have W.C. on it. A few minutes later it comes to me... Water Closet... Movies over, I come on here, one of the first posts I see is you talking about the water closet... How odd!

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
My dad bought all these old British railway plaques from the 1800's that had instructions and such on how to use the water closet and hung them in our bathrooms in the house I grew up when I was a kid

That's why I typed "whilst" lol

"Please be kind and refrain from using the water closet whilst the train is in the station"

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
topps (ceramic,porcelain,porcaline, porcelin) -nba -ufc -nfl -stein -mug -babe -ryan -mantle -ripken -griffey

That hurts my eyes.

topps (ceramic,porcelain,porcaline, porcelin) -(nba,ufc,nfl,stein,mug,babe,ryan,mantle,ripken,griffey)

I have 25 saved searches but only really care about 3-5. I receive daily e-mails on 5 (not the ones I frequently check, but the ones that are really rare to get hits on that I might otherwise forget to check). I should probably purge about half those searches, but every once in a while I have to feed a different beast.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
7 currently
4 incorporate several specific sweet spot autographs and variations and a couple others just in case the super rare find gets listed. I'm pretty sure i miss listings as it still amazes me how sellers list items to this day.
I check all day throughout the day, never know when you may have to hit a bin. I've tried that alert the app gives you but mine were delayed an hour to 8 hrs at one point.. Thanks alerts

Members online

Latest posts