Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Collection Bumping Pyramid ~ Pay It Forward Twist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
We will start with a low dollar card. All sports and non-sports cards, memorabilia, etc. are acceptable. Say $1-5. Once claimed, we will post a $6-10 card. Once claimed we will post an $11-20 card and then increase by $10 value UP TO $41-$No Limit. After the $40-$NL card is claimed we go back to a $31-$40. Once that is claimed we go to a $21-30, etc., until we get back to the $1-5 card. Once the 2nd $1-5 card is claimed we go back to a $6-10 card and climb back up, repeating the cycle.

Rule 1: must have 100 posts and 6 months membership to participate.

Rule 2: Anyone can post a $1-5 until one is chosen. But once a $1-5 is chosen that's the end of the $1-5 posts and we will start the $6-10's.

Rule 3: if you claim a card you MUST be willing to offer an item for the next tier we are moving towards.

Rule 4: values can be subjective. Thus, consult eBay completed items to get a sense of the value of the item you are posting. If it is very unique, no worries... Post it up and the group will let you if it is acceptable.

Rule 5: shipping - you pay it to send to the item you post to give away. Be timely on this. Don't make people wait days before you send!

Rule 6: no dicks allowed to participate, so don't be that guy or girl that tries to screw everyone participating. Use this to further your collection, not post undesirable items only to find better ones you can flip... It will be frowned upon.

Again, anyone can post a $1-5 to start until something is claimed, so we are NOT limited to just one posting. But once someone takes something from that level, the level is closed and we are onto the next one.

Last edited:

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Any of these are avail in the $1-5 range, but others may also post offerings, so the decision is to wait or claim?!?!

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1388766887.185052.jpg

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Grace collector, I'd love to have members such as yourself participate! A positive attitude with positive members could help make this a success and fun for those that chose to participate!

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I'm with Bill. If positive attitudes enter and the negatives are regulated, it can be a success. I will do my best to keep an eye on the negatives and promptly remove them from the thread. I'd like to see something like this work.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Yeah, if the regular pay-it-forward thread was such a mess, this is doomed for spectacular failure. But good luck.

I don't understand posts like this. I like you man, but sometimes you just need to know when not to post this crap.

Good luck with the one Bill, I hope it is extremely successful.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I don't understand posts like this. I like you man, but sometimes you just need to know when not to post this crap.

I'm just being honest. I wish like heck these pay-it-forward threads would work. I try to help fellow board members and applaud generosity of spirit. I participated in the first high-end one and gave away some nice things, and gave away more than I claimed. But did you see how badly that thread went, and how many people got bent out of shape about it? And how long it was a festering wound on this board? And now you think a pay-it-forward thread that is ripe for people to take advantage of - post a low value card and claim a higher value card - has a better chance for success? Especially when the first post starts calling names right away ("no dicks.")

Bill, I hope to be proved wrong. I want to be proved wrong. I'd love to participate in a well-oiled pay-it-forward thread. Sorry I started the thread out on a negative note. It just seems to me the structure is rife for being taken advantage of, and it's unfortunate that if there is a way to profit on a collecting board at the expense of another, some people will jump at the chance. Dick-proofing is pretty hard.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I'm just being honest. I wish like heck these pay-it-forward threads would work. I try to help fellow board members and applaud generosity of spirit. I participated in the first high-end one and gave away some nice things, and gave away more than I claimed. But did you see how badly that thread went, and how many people got bent out of shape about it? And how long it was a festering wound on this board? And now you think a pay-it-forward thread that is ripe for people to take advantage of - post a low value card and claim a higher value card - has a better chance for success? Especially when the first post starts calling names right away ("no dicks.")

Bill, I hope to be proved wrong. I want to be proved wrong. I'd love to participate in a well-oiled pay-it-forward thread. Sorry I started the thread out on a negative note. It just seems to me the structure is rife for being taken advantage of, and it's unfortunate that if there is a way to profit on a collecting board at the expense of another, some people will jump at the chance. Dick-proofing is pretty hard.

But post like your first don't help any, especially trying to get a new positive thread going. It will ultimately push new member participation away.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
New members weren't invited. In theory Rule #1 should help eliminate abuses, but it didn't in the UE thread.

Not new members to the board but be participants in these type of threads. If they see you posting negative comments they would prob decided to pass if they were on the fence. What about all the good members & great cards people got to add to their PC's???

I actually started a whole new A's autograph collection because of great cards I got through these threads. I'm almost at 200 different A's autos now thanks to these type of threads.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
& those people who abuse the thread it will come back around eventually.

These type of threads are my favorite part of FCB. I love going on the hunt for cards that I know others would love to add to their PC's.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

Can't speak for everyone else, but I enjoyed participating in it before it went south.Didn't it hit rock bottom when someone started offering McDonald's coupons?

Members online

Latest posts