Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever purchase a large lot and found a rare card in the mix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Not sure the title will grab much attention but I'm really interested if anyone has ever purchased a large lot of cards off eBay or Craigs list or at a flee market, etc. and actually found a rare card in the mix?

For example, there are always random lots of Albert Belle cards up on eBay which I pass on because I'm sure I have them all and they've been weeded through but has anyone ever purchased one of those and they weren't weeded through and you came across a really rare card?

Curious if any members have any good stories. My only semi-cool story is when I started back into collecting Albert Belle, I purchased a large lot of probably 2,000 Albert Belle cards off someone on eBay and actually found a number of them that I didn't have, including one or two serial numbered /50 or less, which I found to be pretty good. One was /20 I think, so that was a good find but nothing crazy.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
About as good as it got was a 2001 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Gold /25 in a mixed lot of Cirillo cards. It was huge win for me :eek:

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Found a Charles Barkley precious metal gem /50 in a lot of basketball cards I paid $15.

Think I sold it for $300

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Do boxes count? I picked up a rather large cardboard box full of unopened boxes for $40 at an estate auction back in the Spring. There were 16 total boxes in the cardboard box and all I could see were two 1992 Bowman 36 pack jumbo boxes. Once I got home I found this near the bottom.
udsp.jpg

I picked up a 5000 ct box of cards at another estate auction in August. I paid $7 for the box and ended up finding over 100 gu, auto's and patches. Nothing major but these were in there:
mmtr.jpg

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I bought a blind auto jersey insert lot for less than $1 per auto/jersey based off the numbers.

It was full of 90s inserts
Super Rave/Brilliants 24K/Premium Rubies ETC No big names but it was a nice surprise.

Members online

Latest posts