Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Keeping a Scorebook

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Does anyone else keep score at games? I usually do on the provided paper at minor league games, but I actually have a scorebook that I use for major league games. Unfortunately I haven't been to one since 2010. But I just came across my scorebook and it was pretty cool to look at. I was at the game when Jose Reyes stole his 282nd base, a new Mets record, and Jeff Francoeurs first game as a Met, and a whole bunch of other cool stuff I didn't remember til I looked back.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I keep score at games too but don't score them off TV anymore. I guess people at the park think I must be odd because I'm there for the love the game and not there for the other junk like stuffing your gut with junk food or mainly there so you can take your kids to the play area.

I use Bob Carpenter's scorebook, but I've seen tweets in the 2013 season from the local radio broadcaster who has a cooler looking scorebook. I should email him and ask what book he uses so I can try to get one before the 2014 season starts in April.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I actually just use the Sports Authority scorebook for baseball and softball, but I also have a backup scorebook that was put out by USAToday.
I thought I would need, but it seems like I'm going to less MLB games and scoring less.

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
I do it for the summer league games here in Az games are free and there are always more players then people watching! Ended up getting 30+ balls from all the games.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Love stuffing my gut at games

Hey, if you aren't eating a $6 hot dog and drinking an $8 16oz beer, you ain't doin it right! I never can afford to get full or buzzed but I do my due diligence to stimulate the economy.

I've never kept score at a game but I'll sit there and watch it like a hawk. I usually start getting irritated by the third inning because people only want to come and go 100 times to go get food and stuff.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
When i was a kid i kept score of all the games i went to. As i got older i could buy beer so kinda stopped.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
It is difficult for me to watch a live baseball game without scoring it, but if I'm at a game with my father or brother, we take turns scoring inning halves. I find there is so much more about individual games that I notice when I'm scoring. The is important, because I can be pretty drunk by the end.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Might be cool to buy a scorebook and keep track of what games you attend. Keeps from buying programs or writing in said programs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts