Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which team's uniforms produce the lousiest patch cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I mainly collect Cubs, and their uniforms don't usually produce very good patch swatches. Usually one or two color, straight edge pieces. There's not much ornamentation to their unis. Occassionally a part of the Cubbie bear, but that's about it. I see great patch swatches from Atlanta, Arizona, Oakland, etc. Which team's uniform(s) do you think consistently produce the blandest patch cards?

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
The New York Yankees.

Patches are always black and white, occasionally gray if it is a road jersey. No color, no letterman patches due to lack of names.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I'm a Yankee fan and I have to agree, their patches are terrible. You may be lucky to get one with a pinstripe, but still, two color and drab ones at that.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Pirates... Black and yellow only unless you get the pirate logo patch. Although same could be said for NYY gang. Actually, most are pretty boring without the team logo patch. Nothing like hockey

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Dodgers unless like others have said there is a commemorative patch used.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I love my '05 Absolute Memorabilia and Prime Patches Shawn Green collections, but compared to players from other teams they are SO boring.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
Yankees, unless you get a logo sleeve patch from an ASG warm up.

08_rivera_3of6.jpg
08_rivera_2of6.jpg

08_a-rod_3of6_zps23b09d5e.png
08_a-rod_1of6.jpg

11_cano_1of1.png

Luck15Hope

Jan 11, 2012
Yankees, unless you get a logo sleeve patch from an ASG warm up.

08_rivera_3of6.jpg
08_rivera_2of6.jpg

08_a-rod_3of6_zps23b09d5e.png
08_a-rod_1of6.jpg

11_cano_1of1.png

Your collection of patches still amazes me! Has to be one of the best collections out there!

Dodgers unless like others have said there is a commemorative patch used.

I am going to have to agree and say that the Dodgers have the plainest patches unless you get part of the jersey lettering. Their jerseys only have one color patches. Yankees come in at 2nd on my list because they are very plain, but still can be nice.

MT2.jpg

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I mainly collect Cubs, and their uniforms don't usually produce very good patch swatches. Usually one or two color, straight edge pieces. There's not much ornamentation to their unis. Occassionally a part of the Cubbie bear, but that's about it. I see great patch swatches from Atlanta, Arizona, Oakland, etc. Which team's uniform(s) do you think consistently produce the blandest patch cards?

Before seeing who posted this thread and reading the first post, my initial thought was the Cubs because of how plain the jerseys are. And you could say the same thing about the Yankees.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
I see everyone saying the Yankees but I think one issue with Yankees patches is they are so hard to find. Almost every Yankees "patch" will use pinstripes instead of a cool piece of the NY or of the Number.

I think Yankees patches look better than a majority of the other teams if you can find an awesome patch with multiple breaks etc. The classy Yankees color's are very attractive to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mark-Teixei...1177551136?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2586ee4120

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ichiro-Suzu...1080390702?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item1e8500082e

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
Despite the lack of multi-color patches on a Yankee regular season jersey, I still pegged this as the card I wanted most out of 2013 A&G when I saw the set's preliminary checklist. I was beside myself with the way the seller literally squeezed it in a USPS box with no protection at all, but thankfully there was no major damage to it.

13_rodriguez_1of1_zpse29a2442.png

Members online

Latest posts