Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

post/opinion no longer available

What the Hobby / Fcb needs is ??

• More Ty Hope & CARD DESTRUCTION THEATRE

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • More card companies involved

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • More sites to compete with ebay

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Less of __________

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
What FCB needs is for more people to know what we got going on here and to give it a shot.

It's already the best software. It's got the only reward system. It's got the best users.

Just needs more.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
What FCB needs is for more people to know what we got going on here and to give it a shot.

It's already the best software. It's got the only reward system. It's got the best users.

Just needs more.

That's true.. I started off on SCF and a lil bit on BO, actually found this site from the weird grudge SCF users seemingly have against here - refusing feedback transfers from here and trashing and such. Didn't think much of it.. Then I came across the app to view the forum and honestly I haven't been back to either since. Although I will say SCF had a few members who were very nice, not knocking the site as a whole there are some great people.

Not such a hostile/trolling environment IMO.. Very happy with this forum and plan on sticking around and being active. Hopefully enough to be a "regular" people will get used to haha

The app makes it very convenient for me as I spend most of my time browsing on my phone. That's 1 up on everything.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
glad to have ya bud, we tried to clean the site up here. You will find a great group of guys who know this hobby in and out.

Welcome and enjoy

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
We need more people willing to trade their unwanted cards, to someone who wants them, for cards they need. Isn't that ultimately what got the hobby going? Buying packs then trading cards to your buddies for cards of your favorite team/players?

We need more of that. As someone who can't buy a ton of stuff, trading is very vital to my PC.

That said, I could also dig watching Ty destroy some more cards.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
It'd be great if more Companies and Beckett all posted here.

Chris can probably verify, but I'd bet they look at the site, probably frequently.

But it's gonna be tough to convince them to join. Heck, if it was a Condition to have them join and post, I'd make it where only Moderated responses are allowed on the threads they get involved in...

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Our hobby has become a 100 dollar slot machine. It needs some fun and love in it. If the value taken away, 80% of the hobby would be gone.

I know, at 9, in 1980, I wasn't spending every quarter I could find on packs, hoping for a return. I loved the damn things, couldn't have enough of them. Read them, played with them, picked teams with my brother, flicked marbles with them, put dodgers in my spokes.

All that said, I think some card destruction is needed to bring some fun back into it. I'll be glad to donate a few dodger and yankee cards.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I voted for more card companies involved. I love when Brian [MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION] gets involved and answers questions, but it usually becomes a flame war all too quickly. I just wish more of the 'players' from the other card companies would come on here, a few times a month even and have a Q&A or just ask "Hey, what would you, the consumer, like us to do better for you (again, the consumer) to have a better experience when buying our product ?"

Will it happen, most likely no. It'd be nice to have the people in charge or at least with some decision making power, come on here, hear the frustration AND praise and then try to improve their products based on general consensus feedback.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
It'd be great if more Companies and Beckett all posted here.

Chris can probably verify, but I'd bet they look at the site, probably frequently.

But it's gonna be tough to convince them to join. Heck, if it was a Condition to have them join and post, I'd make it where only Moderated responses are allowed on the threads they get involved in...

[MENTION=2895]WJCIII[/MENTION] is Joe Clemons

He was one of the integral parts of BGS for a long time before he left to go to leaf. I know topps reads, I don't think panini does.

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
All I could think of is I don't know who Christopher judge is and wouldn't care one way or the other if the card lived or died, but someone who saw that is probably sorry to see the card destroyed. 1988 Donruss destruction is OK, no…expected, but a low print run auto, even if it is a sticker….the horrors of it all!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Just looked him up. Now I know why I have never heard of him. I stand corrected...rip away!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I chose more companies to compete with ebay. My fav site is comc, and ebay is second. More like comc would be cool, if not, just more activity on comc then.

but i also almost chose less _____.... As in, fcb needs less lurkers and more participaters. Its sad to see a thread have two hundred views and five comments. Speak up people!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I chose "less of ______________" Empty black lines are probably the biggest reason people leave FCB. I know [MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION] hated ____________ with a passion!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
For the entire hobby, what we need is more collectors, especially younger ones. More card companies, with advertising budgets, would fit the bill out of the choices available.
DANNY