Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It's Official, Rafael Palmeiro is D O N E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
And I had such high hopes for my 15 '87 Donruss Palmeiro rookies in 1996. No more Raffy on the HOF ballot. Interesting that Bonds (34.7) and Clemens (35.4) lost support. Could be argued that it was just because of a loaded ballot, but they'll be loaded for the next couple years. Can't bode well that a Gold Glove :confused: 1B with 569 homers and 3020 hits is getting axed.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I was expecting Bonds to be around 45-50% so it is disheartening. I believe the stacked ballot had a lot to do with it. I believe Bonds, Clemens, and Piazza will get in down the road. On the bright side, it Just gives me more time to save for my trip to Cooperstown ;)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I was expecting Bonds to be around 45-50% so it is disheartening. I believe the stacked ballot had a lot to do with it. I believe Bonds, Clemens, and Piazza will get in down the road. On the bright side, it Just gives me more time to save for my trip to Cooperstown ;)
I know it's hard for you as a Bonds guy... believe me, I know the feeling collecting Belle... but Bonds will probably never make it into the Hall. Maybe after so many years when you can be put in by another committee or whatever... anyways, sorry but probably isn't happening.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
I know it's hard for you as a Bonds guy... believe me, I know the feeling collecting Belle... but Bonds will probably never make it into the Hall. Maybe after so many years when you can be put in by another committee or whatever... anyways, sorry but probably isn't happening.
Agree.

With the stacked ballots continuing to come in the next few years I doubt bonds will see the hall. Veterans committee could do it but I wouldn't bet money on that either.

Their percentages dropping tells a huge story and wasn't something I saw coming.

Glad Rafi is off. He had no chance anyways.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI

I sure hope you're wrong but going backwards this year isn't a great sign. Piazza really puzzles me. Allegations but no proof? I've been collecting Bonds since '98, years before the huge numbers. I'll continue to collect Bonds regardless. On the bright side, Perhaps the few other hardcore Bonds guys will fall by the wayside if the %'s continue to fall? :)

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Such a shame really...

Bonds, Big Mac, Arod, all of these players have suffered so much in the way of popularity and fame. However, they all are still remembered for the awesome statistical performances their respective careers produced. The dominance and grandeur of their accomplishments, regardless if they ever get in the HOF or not. However Palmerio has been all but forgotten in the annals of the collective. And that's a shame as he was probably one of the top 10 ball players in the last 50 years. The PED 'scarlet letter' clearly dismantles ones popularity, value, and HOF worth to varying degrees, but never has it completely erased ones shadow like it did to Palmerio. Mind you, I am not a sympathizer for PED users, but it seems like Raffy got all together erased from baseball lore while all others simply got astrix and a 'no pass' to the hall.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Roids or not they were some of the best players of their time and i loved watching them. For years now ive thought the HOF was a joke so them never getting voted in is no big deal in my book.

Such a shame really...

Bonds, Big Mac, Arod, all of these players have suffered so much in the way of popularity and fame. However, they all are still remembered for the awesome statistical performances their respective careers produced. The dominance and grandeur of their accomplishments, regardless if they ever get in the HOF or not. However Palmerio has been all but forgotten in the annals of the collective. And that's a shame as he was probably one of the top 10 ball players in the last 50 years. The PED 'scarlet letter' clearly dismantles ones popularity, value, and HOF worth to varying degrees, but never has it completely erased ones shadow like it did to Palmerio. Mind you, I am not a sympathizer for PED users, but it seems like Raffy got all together erased from baseball lore while all others simply got astrix and a 'no pass' to the hall.

No, they are remembered for being cheaters, liars and complete ********!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
No, they are remembered for being cheaters, liars and complete ********!

Sorry Nick, I have to disagree with you on this one. Baseball in the 90s was in a tough spot, and if it wasnt for those "cheaters, liars, and complete ***holes", the sport probably wouldnt be where it is today. Its a shame that everyone back then turned a blind eye to what was going on, but the sport of Baseball benefited from it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts