Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GREAT news for Phillies fans!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Coming off a very under-welming Offseason, Phillies fans finally have something to be thankful for:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...sarge-matthews-out-as-phillies-tv-announcers/

I wasn't as down on "Wheels" as some fans were, but man, was "Sarge" just awful. Dreadful. Terrible.

Personally, I'd love to see Mitch Williams come on the broadcast team as a Color commentator. I really enjoy his work on MLBN...

Either way, the broadcasts should be much more enjoyable now!

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Coming off a very under-welming Offseason, Phillies fans finally have something to be thankful for:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...sarge-matthews-out-as-phillies-tv-announcers/

I wasn't as down on "Wheels" as some fans were, but man, was "Sarge" just awful. Dreadful. Terrible.

Personally, I'd love to see Mitch Williams come on the broadcast team as a Color commentator. I really enjoy his work on MLBN...

Either way, the broadcasts should be much more enjoyable now!

My daughter is not happy. Says she going to listen to the radio more now, "at least I know those guys".

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
This is great. Those two were god awful.

I'm hearing Lidge and Ricky Bo rumors. LA of course and I'd love it if the phillies could hire away Jim Jackson full time.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
No way Mitch leaves MLB Network to go through traveling, etc. when he has a nice gig in that studio.

He hasn't been officially offered the job as of Friday AM, but said he'd seriously consider it, if offered.

And evidently, Lidge has turned it down...

Members online

Latest posts