Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Easier HOF to get into? And does Sheffield have a chance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Which is the easier HOF to get into, the baseball or pro football?

I say football. Seems much much easier than baseball.

And I don't think Sheffield has any chance of making it next year. One, he is a jerk and most writers will hold that against him. Two, him being linked to PED's. Anyone disagree?

I think Pedro, Randy, and Smoltz get in for sure next year. Not sure about Biggio. He's missed out twice now. Who knows?

And thank God the Jack Morris talk is over. If it takes this long, you don't deserve it.

And Jeff Kent is laughable.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
yeah all this "it used to be the HOF but now the hall of very good" yadda yadda dumb talk is silly. Football and most certainly Hockey HOF is so much easier to get into.

WillBBC

Feb 22, 2012
What makes the Pro Football Hall of Fame easier to get into? Ray Guy's still not in!

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I think only Randy and Pedro are locks for next year.

Biggio, by all logic, should make it but you never know.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
There's a line in the first pro nfl contract a player signs which reads something like the following:

"I understand that by signing this contract, if I play a few years and put up ok numbers, especially defense, I'll make the hof" ;)

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
The football hof seems more inclusive.. I don't know numbers but it seems they admit 4-8 guys EVERY year. I don't pay attention..
So.. With the obvious PED problem the nfl has why do they let it go on? I'm sure there's more than a few who are in there hof with questions ?

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Gary Sheffield is an interesting one for me, Personally I feel he deserves to be in the hall and maybe I was gone or away at the time but when was he linked to Peds? At ay rate I became a fan of his in 92 when he won Come back Player of the Year. The Things that stick out in my mind are His .292 Ba avg that he has Maintained playing 22 year, his 500+ Hrs, His 253 Sb, 9x all star and the Biggest one for me His Walk to strikeout Raito which I put a lot of stock in. Look at todays players Walk to Strikeout ratio. Gary Sheffield was one of the best contact hitters in his time not only that I recall him being feared throughout the years a had full of times or more ( Seems like he was Injury a lot early on). Not only that He was part of that Great Marlins Team in 1997 when they won it all and Gary Showed up That year in the post season to help them win t all. The only part I am unsure of was his defense. I know he had a great arm but I don't know the Numbers on him defensively. If he was atleast Avg or above the I think he is a shoe in barring Steroid alligations. And yes the Guy was a ***** at times, lol.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Gary Sheffield is an interesting one for me, Personally I feel he deserves to be in the hall and maybe I was gone or away at the time but when was he linked to Peds? At ay rate I became a fan of his in 92 when he won Come back Player of the Year. The Things that stick out in my mind are His .292 Ba avg that he has Maintained playing 22 year, his 500+ Hrs, His 253 Sb, 9x all star and the Biggest one for me His Walk to strikeout Raito which I put a lot of stock in. Look at todays players Walk to Strikeout ratio. Gary Sheffield was one of the best contact hitters in his time not only that I recall him being feared throughout the years a had full of times or more ( Seems like he was Injury a lot early on). Not only that He was part of that Great Marlins Team in 1997 when they won it all and Gary Showed up That year in the post season to help them win t all. The only part I am unsure of was his defense. I know he had a great arm but I don't know the Numbers on him defensively. If he was atleast Avg or above the I think he is a shoe in barring Steroid alligations. And yes the Guy was a ***** at times, lol.

http://thesteroidera.blogspot.com/2...hgh-users-in-baseball.html?m=1#gary-sheffield

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

Thank you for the Link, Yes I had no clue. It will be interesting how they treat him. Either Like Raffy or like Piazza whom will more than likely get in. Also Interesting to see David Ortiz in there, I recall watching the world series and every announcer Screaming Hall of Famer due to his Post season production, Did they forget?

With Gary's Case its not Cut and dry which is why its going to be interesting how his votes turn out. Personally im torn with the Steroid guys as part of me doesn't want them in and part of me does because of the Numbers they put up. Plenty of Players took roids but not all of the them became super stars. We will see what happens.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
They haven't elected four in years and it hardly ever happens. I highly doubt they start next year. I would bet its either Pedro, Randy, Biggio or Pedro, Smoltz, Randy but not all four.

I also doubt 4 will get in next year. I think Smoltz will have to wait a year or two. Next year will be Pedro, Randy, and Biggio.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Thank you for the Link, Yes I had no clue. It will be interesting how they treat him. Either Like Raffy or like Piazza whom will more than likely get in. Also Interesting to see David Ortiz in there, I recall watching the world series and every announcer Screaming Hall of Famer due to his Post season production, Did they forget?

With Gary's Case its not Cut and dry which is why its going to be interesting how his votes turn out. Personally im torn with the Steroid guys as part of me doesn't want them in and part of me does because of the Numbers they put up. Plenty of Players took roids but not all of the them became super stars. We will see what happens.

If they let Ortiz or Sheffield in, then heads should roll.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I FINALLY found the reason why Tom house isn't in the Hall of Fame! I've wondered all these years. Damn steroids did the dude in!

[h=3]Tom House May 2005[/h]Admitted Using: Steroids (Non-specific)
What he said: In a telephone interview with San Fransisco Chronicle reporter, Ron Kroichick, House admitted to using steroids ‘for a couple of seasons’ during his career (1971-1978). House estimated that six or seven pitchers on every staff in baseball were experimenting with steroids in the 1970’s. This was, and still is, the earliest account of steroid use in baseball. House’s admission and comments are from a May 3, 2005 San Fransisco Chronicle article entitled House a 'failed experiment' with steroids.

Members online

Latest posts