Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How do you format your player/team checklists?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Do you put them in excel or constantly print off new ones? On the two player collection I used to have, I took the time to put the CL into excel, and that sucked. I don't bother anymore. Curious how others do it.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Mine is in excell as follows:
X / X / Year / Brand - Insert Name / Card # / Paid / Item # / Quantity on Hand

- The first X is for the PC Master Checklist and "Hyperlink" to the scan of the card
- Second X is for the back-up set of the PC (doubles), which are scanned also but not "Hyperlink" to the scan
- Year, Brand - Insert Name - Serial #
- Card #
- Paid - I adjust this using the average I paid for a particular card. Last card added with on hand and divided by quantity
- Item # is the last one I bought so it changes every time I buy one of the same
- And last, how many I have. I don't change this if I I have more than twelve. I just change the font color to RED that way I know not to go out of my way to buy whatever it is.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I use excell as well for my Kirby Puckett collection. Mine are broken down by year and I have seperate tabs for oddballs ( magazines, books, posters, brochures/ads, schedules etc.)

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Are those have lists guys? I'm looking more for how you keep track of what you don't have. How do you take the player CL from Beckett and put it into a format you can work with and readily change.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I have everything in Access so along with the standard attributes you can checkboxes to identify if you have the item or not, if its GU, Auto, oddball, etc. Its very easy to query against the database and then export to Excel if needed. Access just gives you a little more flexibility than Excel.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Are those have lists guys? I'm looking more for how you keep track of what you don't have. How do you take the player CL from Beckett and put it into a format you can work with and readily change.

Mine is both. I just put an "X" in the column if I have the card.

I got my checklist from another Puckett collector so a lot of the work has been done for me. I have been updating it over time with new items when they come out. I also work with another Puckett collector on a list he had gotten a long time ago. It is very detailed and has a lot of oddball items but its hard copy so not easy to use. He has scanned a bunch of the sheets for me and I have been adding them to my list. Very time consuming but it will be worth it in the long run. We have also been tossing around the idea of putting together a visual checklist similar to the Mark Grace or Juan Gonzalez websites. There are 6 or so of us that will be working together to get that done.

Members online

Latest posts