Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thank You Dbacksfan4life!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
My son asked me to post a thank you for the great lot of Diamondbacks cards you sent him. He loved them and had a great time going through them all. Into the binders they go! There were so many, I gotta go and buy more pages to store em! Such great fellow collectors here at FCB!

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1389649081.934016.jpg

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Awesome. Glad to see your son involved in collecting with you. My daughter is 6 and she likes to open some packs. She did want an AJ Lee card when I opened some WWE cards a while back. She wanted a toploader for it and she set it on a shelf in her room so who knows she may want to collect something eventually.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Awesome. Glad to see your son involved in collecting with you. My daughter is 6 and she likes to open some packs. She did want an AJ Lee card when I opened some WWE cards a while back. She wanted a toploader for it and she set it on a shelf in her room so who knows she may want to collect something eventually.

I kind of did the same think with him... He originally expressed interest in the Orioles and I got him a few Markakis cards (my younger son did too). Then his little league team was the Diamondbacks this year and he started to show an interest in them and we watched some games together on MLBs Extra Innings Package. He started to ask about the players and wanted some cards. H has been interested in them for a while. A friend of his also likes cards (I later found out his dad collected as a kid and has a bunch of cards still), and so I think that pushed him a bit further into it. He bought his first packs - some 2013 Topps Update about two months ago and decided he wanted to complete the set, so h worked on that. I then told him he could get a box online for far less than he was paying for packs at Target and he really enjoyed going through the box when it arrived. He was pointing stuff out to me about the photos and the players that were on the cards who were not the subject of the card, like "hey I think this is Miguel Montero on this Marlon Byrd card," and stuff like " do you think Montero tagged him out or was he safe?" I was like I don't know, but you can look it up online if you really want to know! Then he says, well, he was probably safe because it looks like his foot is crossing g the plate and there is the ball in front of his chest so Montero doesn't have it yet. I was like, "What!?! Let me see that!" I haven't examined a card that closely since... well, since I was a kid! He even found an error on one of the inserts (the franchise foundation Pirates card has info for Martinez and Webster on the back). He reads the stats and player info. It's been fun to watch him enjoy it on his own terms and his own interests.

He does like he Redsox too, which is good! My issue is the younger guy likes the Cardinals! LOL. He's the ball buster in the family and says he likes them just because they were playing the Redsox in the WS and he wanted hem to win. He made their letter logo out of Legos last week - hehee. It actually came out really well. Though at this time, he is more into collecting Skylanders cards.

Anyway, good Lord, that was a long winded response!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I kind of did the same think with him... He originally expressed interest in the Orioles and I got him a few Markakis cards (my younger son did too). Then his little league team was the Diamondbacks this year and he started to show an interest in them and we watched some games together on MLBs Extra Innings Package. He started to ask about the players and wanted some cards. H has been interested in them for a while. A friend of his also likes cards (I later found out his dad collected as a kid and has a bunch of cards still), and so I think that pushed him a bit further into it. He bought his first packs - some 2013 Topps Update about two months ago and decided he wanted to complete the set, so h worked on that. I then told him he could get a box online for far less than he was paying for packs at Target and he really enjoyed going through the box when it arrived. He was pointing stuff out to me about the photos and the players that were on the cards who were not the subject of the card, like "hey I think this is Miguel Montero on this Marlon Byrd card," and stuff like " do you think Montero tagged him out or was he safe?" I was like I don't know, but you can look it up online if you really want to know! Then he says, well, he was probably safe because it looks like his foot is crossing g the plate and there is the ball in front of his chest so Montero doesn't have it yet. I was like, "What!?! Let me see that!" I haven't examined a card that closely since... well, since I was a kid! He even found an error on one of the inserts (the franchise foundation Pirates card has info for Martinez and Webster on the back). He reads the stats and player info. It's been fun to watch him enjoy it on his own terms and his own interests.

He does like he Redsox too, which is good! My issue is the younger guy likes the Cardinals! LOL. He's the ball buster in the family and says he likes them just because they were playing the Redsox in the WS and he wanted hem to win. He made their letter logo out of Legos last week - hehee. It actually came out really well. Though at this time, he is more into collecting Skylanders cards.

Anyway, good Lord, that was a long winded response!

And that there is what this hobby should be about!

Members online

Latest posts