Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If you were to win the Lotto...

If you won the Lotto, would you...

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
If you were to win the Lotto (enough to pay for every card you need for your collection), would you:

Hit every Buy It Now?

Make an offer where applicable?

Bid and try to win it as cheaply as possible through auction?

I gotta say, for me personally, I'm such a haggler that I think I would still bid...

Last edited:

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Even if I won a significant amount I would still try for a BO.
Some items I want have been available for years.
I could still save some money.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I would haggle on the things that are somewhat available (higher grade '52 Mantle or difficult back t206 HOFer) and BUY, BUY, BUY on anything that is super scarce ('80 Ripken police card or impossible back t206 HOFer). I think about this every time I buy a lottery ticket.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Sell everything and go to rehab for my cardboard addiction.
I got a kick outta that one, lol.

If my lotto winnings were enough to never have to work it would definitely change things (collection wise). I would narrow my collection down to just a couple of players and a bit of vintage. I wouldn't be sour about cutting my losses with everything I have here. This hobby has taken over my house over the years and I would love it to be contained to just one room. My wife would like that as well.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If I won a HUGE jackpot, yea, I'd just hit all the BINs and move on... but to be clear, only one or maybe two cards I need for Albert Belle on eBay currently ;)

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I'm cheap.. I know that. Unless the card is super nice and rare or there's not a chance one or something like it comes around again for a while will I pay over what I deem a going price would be. Doesn't matter if I have loads in my account or not. Winning millions would simply allow me to be more choosy with the super high end hof autos that I can't afford now

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I would try to get the price I wanted before hitting BIN. If it's something I really wanted, I wouldn't risk bidding and losing it. I also wouldn't just throw my money at everything and pay all the BINs. Try to be frugal, but not as much as now.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I would hit BINs if they were close to true market value but I wouldn't just go throwing money away on everything (unless it's something I reeeaaally want). If you start not even thinking about the price of stuff and just buying whatever, you'll end up as one of those people who lost all their money. Solid gold toilets in only THREE of my bathrooms, thank you very much.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts