Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Here is my new edition! Family of 5 now!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
BondsfoldoutGaints9.jpg
Bondsbook3.jpg
BondPatchSterlingOpened.jpg
BondsSterling8piecepatchbook.jpg
Bondsbookauto.jpg

I am still in awe about the 500 500 club! Just think about that?!? Noone else is in the 400 400 club! And the 7 MVPs, noone else has more than 3. Just stupid!

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
bodiaz said:
BondsfoldoutGaints9.jpg
Bondsbook3.jpg
BondPatchSterlingOpened.jpg
BondsSterling8piecepatchbook.jpg
Bondsbookauto.jpg

I am still in awe about the 500 500 club! Just think about that?!? Noone else is in the 400 400 club! And the 7 MVPs, noone else has more than 3. Just stupid!

nice stuff but imagine if ruth and mays would have juiced.....now that would have just been silllly stupid numbers

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
May have helped Mays, but not Ruth. You have to work pretty hard to make roids work. Ruth was busy banging pros and getting drunk! Besides, Ruth had far more advantages than Bonds! Short right field porch, segragated baseball, face the same pitcher all game. I would say roids are less of an advantage than those combined.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
bodiaz said:
May have helped Mays, but not Ruth. You have to work pretty hard to make roids work. Ruth was busy banging pros and getting drunk! Besides, Ruth had far more advantages than Bonds! Short right field porch, segragated baseball, face the same pitcher all game. I would say roids are less of an advantage than those combined.

i will agree. just shooting up roids doesnt automatically equate to crazy inflated numbers

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Agreed. Look at the Mitchel report if you want proof of that! Nook Logan? Neifi Perez? The list was mostly crappy players!

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
bodiaz said:
Agreed. Look at the Mitchel report if you want proof of that! Nook Logan? Neifi Perez? The list was mostly crappy players!

yep. it had like 100+ players who came up hot. i dont rememeber 100+ players hitting 50+ home runs in 2003 or 2004. and i dont remember any pitchers going 30-0 with a .98 era or something crazy like that

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
bodiaz said:
Yea but you have to take in consideration that Nook Logan and Neifi Perez would not even had made it to the Bigs or even Played for the short time that they did had it not been for steriods. I was recently watching a documentry of player that came out having used Roids and almost every guy they interview said that without roids they would have never made it to the Bigs or even stayed for as long as they did. Bottom line Roids help. They came make players that would never reach the bigs good enough to make it and make superstars produce incredible numbers. With that said I love your collection and I still pick up Bonds stuff myself. I still even pick up Roger. Bonds was a Hofer Star before all the Roids and I guess that's my one knock on the guy is that "WHy" He did not have to or need it. Anyways Love the foldout's and I will have to pick one of those up if I can get one away from you on ebay ;) :)

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
bodiaz said:
If Ruth played in modern times, that would increase his HR numbers alone. Plus, Ruth would not be allowed to do what he did had he played during this era. But, I think the "silliest" numbers would be if Josh Gibson Roided.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
In this era, Ruth would be known as another T.O., or Iverson. He was a me guy that the media toady would kill! There is no doubt that he was the greatest player ever, but he would have a much harder time in todays game with todays media, even if he did have steroids!

Latest posts