Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

instant replays not legal in mlb. still feeling salty about gallaragas perfect gm tho

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeremy2

Jan 7, 2013
maybe u can replay plays from 4 yrs ago lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
What the?

Still though, I always wondered... Right after Joyce apologized and it was so obvious on replay WHY didn't they reverse that call? Why don't they reverse it NOW and give ARMANDO credit for his perfect game in the history books? It really changes nothing in the big scheme of things.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
What the?

Still though, I always wondered... Right after Joyce apologized and it was so obvious on replay WHY didn't they reverse that call? Why don't they reverse it NOW and give ARMANDO credit for his perfect game in the history books? It really changes nothing in the big scheme of things.

It's a very slippery slope to effectively change the rules and retroactively reverse a call. If for a perfect game, what about for other records, major or minor? What is a major record, as opposed to a minor record? What about for games with playoff implications? How do you determine what a game with playoff implications is? What about for games where a player's stats were adversely affected?

Basically, if you start, how do you stop? Besides, at the end of the day, Gallaraga and anyone else who watched or heard about the game knows that he threw a perfect game, blown call or no.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
What the?

Selig said that would open a can of worms as other people would want other calls reversed. I agree it should have been changed.

This notice is required by law.

Last edited:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
It's a very slippery slope to effectively change the rules and retroactively reverse a call. If for a perfect game, what about for other records, major or minor? What is a major record, as opposed to a minor record? What about for games with playoff implications? How do you determine what a game with playoff implications is? What about for games where a player's stats were adversely affected?

Basically, if you start, how do you stop? Besides, at the end of the day, Gallaraga and anyone else who watched or heard about the game knows that he threw a perfect game, blown call or no.
Exactly.

Matt Holliday would have to go back and touch home plate at some point...

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I didn't even have to look at the poster to know who wrote this topic.

article-0-04D32809000005DC-348_468x286.jpg

Members online