Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Photo of the Day Saturday January 17 2014 Duke's shenanigans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Today's photo of the day is not an action shot in the truest sense of the word. What we have is a team panoramic shot of the 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers that appears to have something in it that makes one think you are seeing double. Let me post this picture and take a good look at it and see if you can see something that is out of the ordinary here. I will post the solution way below the photo if you want to look at it first and try to discover for yourself what happened.

1955dodgers_zps07498ddb.jpg

The photo, as I mentioned features the 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers and is a great team panoramic photo that many teams took at that time.If you are unfamiliar with how these are taken, you have a large camera that is mounted on a tripod that, when the shutter is activated will slowly turn on the tripod to expose the long length of film behind the shutter to create a panoramic photo. The camera would turn very slowly, capturing all that was in it's line of sight but this slow turn allowed for a certain player to be in both sides of the photo. Duke Snider, who is pictured on the far left side raced behind the camera after his image was captured and was able to get to the other side of the line in time to have his image captured twice in the same photo. I think it is kinda cool to see the reaction of Snider's teammates as they watched him race around the camera and attempt to make it to the other side.

I hope you enjoy today's photo of the day.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Nice addition of several autos. Looks like it was probably signed in the late 80s or more recently, based on who (or more telling…who hasn't) signed it.

Members online

Latest posts