Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~Ever happy to lose an auction in the last seconds~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I had been the high bidder on a well loved 1954 Ernie Banks PSA Auto. I bid just after the card was listed and remained the only bidder until the last five seconds.

I would have been happy with the card but the bid and price was a bit of an impulse and glad someone else wanted it more.

You?

Last edited:

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
All the time! I tend to set my max bid early on and a lot of the times will remain the high-bidder until the closing hour or so. Then I notice I've been out bid. Then I think.."Well, why not bump it up once more". Repeat the cycle a couple of times and ..

A. I either payed more than I wanted to for it.
B. Someone else paid more than I would have wanted to and relieved me of it!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Absolutely , goes both ways. I hate losing items I want by a minimum increase more than I am ok on losing items I was on the fence about though.

Ryan

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Yup, I was high bidder on a card but a second one popped up on ebay for a very reasonable BIN. Grabbed it and luckily lost the auction.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Just watched an auction end with a $20 opening bid. Card typically sells $10ish and in the last second a $20 bid happened :lol:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The opposite happened to me just recently. I bid a fairly large amount on a signed RC and thought I would probably be outbid anyway. It was somewhat of an impulse bid, as I usually snipe what I really want to win. I noticed sometime after my initial bid that someone bid me up to my max bid (yet another reason to snipe ALWAYS). I had not looked closely at the auction when I bid (my bad) and when I did, I noticed the card had some flaws I was not too keen about. With about 5 minutes to go, I was hoping someone would outbid me, but that fateful bid never came! I am now the new owner of a card that I would rather not at the price I paid, but sometimes sh?t happens. The card displays fairly well and the auto is nice, so maybe over time, even with the flaws, it will turn out to be a good win.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Yes, every time I shill for myself and someone beats me, I am stoked.

Ok, that was a joke.

I haven't had it happen in a while, but as others have said, I have sat there for the last 10 seconds, praying someone would outbid me, many times. Normally, it doesn't happen when you really need/want it to though.

There is a big bang theory about this, where they win the life size time machine.

Last edited:

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Used to happen all the time for me. I'd get excited to see a card and bid without thinking or searching for a similar card and usually find one at half the cost BIN.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Yes, every time I shill for myself and someone beats me, I am stoked.

Ok, that was a joke.

I haven't had it happen in a while, but as others have said, I have sat there for the last 10 seconds, praying someone would outbid me, many times. Normally, it doesn't happen when you really need/want it to though.

There is a big bang theory about this, where they win the life size time machine.

1.jpg

Members online

Latest posts