Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tanaka countdown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
The deadline is Friday. Tanaka still needs to have a physical with the team that will sign him. As of this morning(EST) he was still in Japan. He would have to fly out today in order to get the physical done by the deadline.
Beyond the standard teams in play there has been zero talk of who put up $20MM to negotiate.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
The main talk I've been hearing is the Dodgers brass being quoted as saying "We will not be overbid for Tanaka." That was before the Kershaw contract though. How much money does the organization have to throw around?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I fully expect the Orioles to sign Tanaka... then back out of the contract, so nobody can have him.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
The main talk I've been hearing is the Dodgers brass being quoted as saying "We will not be overbid for Tanaka." That was before the Kershaw contract though. How much money does the organization have to throw around?

I believe the number is $7B (although it could be infinite considering a lot of the ownership group should have money to throw in if they feel like it).

Tanaka won't come anywhere near depleting the money the Dodgers have available.

Members online