Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Coolest looking card BACKS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Obviously, the front of a card gets the most attention, but what are some of the coolest designs for card backs? Post a pic if possible!

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Something about the neon green I like with 84 Donruss.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Any game used card that shows the jersey the swatch came from is at the top of my list.

I agree with this...

december4.jpg

patch3.jpg
july7.jpg

I also like the backs of the Tier One Clear Cut RC autos as well. These scans and pics does not show how cool they are:

january4.jpg
8B81836E-CE2E-4171-AE6D-07EE83BD3486-16248-0000156AEC4B8FDD.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Leaf Passing Through Time subset had cool card backs featuring older photos of the player when they were younger

MartinezPedro_2004LeafPressProofsGoldPTT_09_back.jpg
PiazzaMike_2004LeafPressProofsGoldPTT_18_back.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The designs themselves are not all that impressive, but I like looking at a run of 60s card backs because of all the different and bright colors they used (green, orange, yellow, pink, etc). They really stand out against the drab 80s and beyond.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
i like the topps card backs from the 70's with the cartoon that took a fact about the player and made a drawing that was quirky or funny. Some of the ones from the 50's and 60's can be funny too but my collection of topps cartoon-era cards is almost all from the 70's.

I wish Topps would grow some and try that again in the corner of a flagship base card. Certainly would be better than the lame "With 5 career saves, xxxxxxxx is 647 saves away from tying Mariano Rivera's record" BS.

tkd7

Jan 7, 2014
I liked the early Stadium Club cards that had the player's rookie card on the back.

1991%2BStadium%2BClub%2BCal%2BRipken%2BBack.jpg

Threebboyz

Jan 7, 2013
I liked the early Stadium Club cards that had the player's rookie card on the back.

1991%2BStadium%2BClub%2BCal%2BRipken%2BBack.jpg

yes!! also, really like the backs with the jersey the patch came from.. i didnt realize they used to do that.. industry gettin layyyzeee..

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
yes!! also, really like the backs with the jersey the patch came from.. i didnt realize they used to do that.. industry gettin layyyzeee..

I don't think it's laziness, I think it's mixing and matching. The archiving bag holding the swatches/patches is probably done by athlete (not by specific jersey item) so several jerseys that come in and get die-cut into swatches are probably all thrown into the same storage bag for that athlete that you can't specifically tell which swatch was from which jersey unless one jersey was white home and the other a road gray.

Members online

No members online now.