Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best Moment Autographing of My Life!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joeed10

Aug 10, 2008
I've been doing In Person autographs since I was 8 or 9 years old so about 25+ years of doing this. I've been able to meet a lot of people and I've met Kevin Durant, who is my favorite current athlete, several times in the past. But he recently was able to blow any other great moment I have had away and reassure me that there are real hero's and why I do this hobby.

First I need to set up the story. As I mentioned I have me Durant a few times. Last year I began dating my now fiancée. She has a 5 year old son named Jace. Jace has Cystic Fibrosis so there are a few times he misses out on things in life. Well over the time Jace has known me he has heard me mention KD or Kevin Durant. Jace thought KD was my best friend and even told his mom one night KD was his other father. Well Jace and I both have KD shoes and wear his clothes. In December the Thunder came to town and Jace was sick so he missed out. Since December he has asked many times "When are we going to meet KD?" So...

Early this month the Thunder came to town. I knew they would arrive the day before the game. So his mom checked Jace out of school early on the day they would arrive. We made the hour drive to the team hotel. The entire hour Jace was asking "Is it time?" "Where is KD?" And we practiced what he should say. When we got to the hotel we waited outside by the barriers the hotel had set up. You could see the excitement building as Jace waited.

Finally the bus pulled up. Jace pointed out KD sitting in the back of the bus. He was glued in on him. As soon as KD stepped off of the bus Jace screamed "KEVIN DURANT!!" Durant lit up from ear to ear smiling. KD walked over to Jace. I'm not sure if it was star struck or amazement of KD's height. Jace froze!! He held his Mcfarlane in his hand staring mouth wide open at Durant. Durant said "What up buddy? Want me to sign that?" Jace finally handed the figure to Durant who signed it for him. While KD signed for others Jace's mom asked if he would do a pic with Jace. OKC team security said "No he doesn't have time!!!" KD looked at him and said "Yes I do, I got this". I picked Jace up and after seeing his smile in the photo after it hit me that that happiness of meeting a hero is the reason.

Sorry for such a long read. Thought some may need a reminder how great this hobby is.

Eddie Rice

Jan 22, 2014
Great story. Nice that you guys took the time out of a normal schedule to make a moment in Jace's life. He'll retell that story many many times.

IndiansFan

Aug 5, 2013
USA
Awesome!! Durant seems like an amazing guy to just flat out say no to the security guy and take a picture.

21ccl

Aug 26, 2012
sweet! Kevin Durant is one of the nicer atheltes you meet that is that popular.

Members online

Latest posts