Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "I bought it just because it LOOKS cool" thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Thought this would be some fun. Show off some cards you picked up ONLY because you thought they looked cool. Not someone you normally collect.

I'm not a Yankees (hate them) or a Maris collector, but I NEEDED to have one of these black diamond cards.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I only collected griffey anything at one point. Nothing else got a second glimpse.. Then doing a random search one day I saw this
Picture6.png

It literally screamed at me .. Couldn't turn away, I HAD to have it. Idk why.. It's all I thought about for 2 days before I finally pulled the trigger

Changed everything from how I collected, how I stored them,my focus, my wants.. Everything

brewerfan99

Sep 7, 2010
Wisconsin
Nice card George. And thank you for serving our country.

Recently picked up an Eddie Lacy 2 color patch. Which was odd since I don't collect anything not Braun and the Packers aren't even my favorite team. But it seemed cheap.

Boo Radley

Jun 5, 2013
Cape Cod
I work a lot of events and always keep my press passes. No idea how I stumbled across this on ebay one day but I just had to have it. A little cooler than a regular ticket to me. Funny thing is, I created an individual folder to house scans of all the press passes I planned to buy, haven't bought another in a couple of years. Maybe I'll start that niche of my collection up again someday but this will always be the one that got me started.

1952MarcianovsMathewspresspassPSAAuth_zpsfc9220b4.jpg

Arthur

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I don't collect basketball cards, I really don't collect anything other than Randy Johnson. But i like in OKC and my company sponsors the Thunder, and while I don't follow NBA too deeply, I love going to the games and love our team. So I saw these Prism RWB refractors and fell in love with the design. They're not numbered, not extremely rare nor expensive, but I think they're just perfectly designed with the colors. So now I 4 Thunder players in a holder in my office

***.jpg

GameJerseyPR

Oct 21, 2013
ruhezuqe.jpg

Since i saw this one on ebay i knew my mision was to have all cards from this set!1 year later and 12 cards more i have to say im hooked on making this set,no matter what or hoe much $$$!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
ruhezuqe.jpg

Since i saw this one on ebay i knew my mision was to have all cards from this set!1 year later and 12 cards more i have to say im hooked on making this set,no matter what or hoe much $$$!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice card and good luck with the set but don't throw the Bolded around too much as people will try and take advantage of that.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Primarily collect baseball, but I do have many basketball cards and actually sought out Gilmore cards at one time, but this card was just too cool looking not to own.

Topps Vault

and then of course, the original ain't too shabby either:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts