Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ST Prospect Performances - 3/12/09

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
moxacaine said:
rico08 said:
Not a prospect but a performance nonetheless: Craig Monroe with 3 homers today!

He hit a 3rd? Im only seeing two.

EDIT: I see it now.

is there a place for him on this team? Probably not. :( I used to love him on the Tigers....about 10 years ago :lol: :lol:

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Freeman trying to boost his average: 2-3 with 2RBI
EDIT: Jason Heyward went YARD. 1-2

Bowden still having issues after striking out the side in his first inning of work: 2IP 1H 2R 2ER 1BB 3K

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ian Stewart just hit a 3R jack (yes I know he's no longer a prospect).

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
My boy J Upton with a double (his 3rd) and a walk (his 5th, compared to 3 k's). He's not a 'prospect' but he is younger than most of them. Of course it won't continue but I love what I'm seeing in the bb/k ratio, he's now batting .389 and has been moved all over the line-up. Would like to see a hr before spring ends though.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
rico08 said:
Freeman trying to boost his average: 2-2 with 2RBI
EDIT: Jason Heyward went YARD.

Bowden still having issues after striking out the side in his first inning of work: 2IP 1H 2R 2ER 1BB 3K

Bowden has had trouble adjusting i feel to the added muscle. His arm angle is really bothering many major league scouts, they think it is a shoulder injury waiting to happen. But the sox haven't even tried to adjust so clearly they think he will be alright. Thing that concerns me though is seeing Buchholz adding muscle before last season and then struggling for much of the season, but he has rebounded phenomenally this spring.

But i will continue to buy. He has proven it at the AAA level, and was solid in his one major league start. All it takes is a gaining a spot on the 25 man roster for his cards to shoot up, value of being in the redsox organization. ANd maybe i can finally pick up a gold ref for $50, they are around 75 right now

whityscards

Aug 26, 2008
rico08 said:
Josh Reddick lead off with a triple--very impressive this spring. 3-4 so far today with an RBI.

his cards are still cheap even tho he is tearing it up in ST!

Masterson also pitched another great outing, 2IP, 1H, 1BB, 2SO 0ER

Mayberry 0-3 1SO, 3LOB
Happ 3IP, 1ER, 4H, 1BB, 1SO, Hr -should get the last spot in rotation...carrasco hasn't pitched great lately and kendrick is terrible.
Mazzaro 3IP, 4H, 0ER, 1BB, 1SO
Blanks 1-3 3 run HR, 2SO
Teagarden 1-3 2run HR

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Ceasar Carrillo got rocked.

0.2IP 4H 6R 6ER 2BB 0K 0HR 17.18

Is he even still a prospect?

On the other end of the age spectrum, Jason Kendall hit a HR today. If you're a Brewer fan, or a Kendall fan, you know that he's probably done for the year now :)

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
justwar said:
My boy J Upton with a double (his 3rd) and a walk (his 5th, compared to 3 k's). He's not a 'prospect' but he is younger than most of them. Of course it won't continue but I love what I'm seeing in the bb/k ratio, he's now batting .389 and has been moved all over the line-up. Would like to see a hr before spring ends though.

I don't care if he hits a HR honestly. The K/BB ratio and the AVG are what I care about, because if he's laying off bad pitches and making consistant hard contact, he'll hit plenty of HR's, because he's so strong and has that smooth, lightning quick swing.

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
Brett Keith said:
justwar said:

I don't care if he hits a HR honestly. The K/BB ratio and the AVG are what I care about, because if he's laying off bad pitches and making consistant hard contact, he'll hit plenty of HR's, because he's so strong and has that smooth, lightning quick swing.

Def. I'm just being greedy... Loving the k/bb ratio. Did you by chance go for that 'patch' that ended last night from 2007 bdp (it was a logo sticker thing, looked pretty cool)

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
justwar said:
Brett Keith said:
justwar said:

Def. I'm just being greedy... Loving the k/bb ratio. Did you by chance go for that 'patch' that ended last night from 2007 bdp (it was a logo sticker thing, looked pretty cool)

No I didn't go after it, not even sure If I saw it. The last Justin I bid on was the Exquisite.

Members online

Latest posts