Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Starting to Scan my Entire Collection, need some help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Hey guys, I have an HP scanner and the thing is a piece of crap or I just suck at scanning. No matter what I do when the card is in a toploader it slices off like half of the card. When a scan just the card it slices off some of the left side, what do you need to do to make it scan the entire card?

please help
thanks

btw I have tried lid off, lid on, dark room, light room, moved the card everywhere possible on the scanner, Im at a loss

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
miguelcabrera said:
Hey guys, I have an HP scanner and the thing is a piece of crap or I just suck at scanning. No matter what I do when the card is in a toploader it slices off like half of the card. When a scan just the card it slices off some of the left side, what do you need to do to make it scan the entire card?

please help
thanks

btw I have tried lid off, lid on, dark room, light room, moved the card everywhere possible on the scanner, Im at a loss

You have the all in one scanner/printer/copier? Thats what I have and I have given up pretty much on scanning unless absolutely necessary. I can't for the life of me get decent scans of the whole card.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
mredsox89 said:
miguelcabrera said:

please help
thanks

You have the all in one scanner/printer/copier? Thats what I have and I have given up pretty much on scanning unless absolutely necessary. I can't for the life of me get decent scans of the whole card.

yep i think i may hust have to give up to, this is the worst piece of **** ever, it just does not work, i have tried literally everything, i dont understand.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
miguelcabrera said:
mredsox89 said:
miguelcabrera said:

please help
thanks

yep i think i may hust have to give up to, this is the worst piece of shat ever, it just does not work, i have tried literally everything, i dont understand.

Same here. I have a much better one at home so once school ends I will be able to use that one. This piece of garbage was like 49.99 and it works as a copier/printer so i'm alright with it.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
mredsox89 said:
miguelcabrera said:
mredsox89 said:
miguelcabrera said:

please help
thanks

yep i think i may hust have to give up to, this is the worst piece of shat ever, it just does not work, i have tried literally everything, i dont understand.

Same here. I have a much better one at home so once school ends I will be able to use that one. This piece of garbage was like 49.99 and it works as a copier/printer so i'm alright with it.

is yours the hp photosmart all-in-one c4280?

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I have the all in one printer as well...it is the newest one and works fine for me. Have you tried all 4 corners when scanning? My old one for some reason "chose" which side to scan on its own, but maybe that will atleast give you a work around. Good luck man :mrgreen:

Alex

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
miguelcabrera said:
Seiya said:
miguelcabrera said:
Seiya said:
try custom scan>preview and then it lets you "crop". works for me on 2 different scanners.

where can i find this option?
When you first hit scan.

i hit scan on the scanner, there is a button on it, i dont press anything from my computer.....i dont know wehre it is
try it from paint,
file> from scanner or camera and see if the options show up.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Seiya said:
miguelcabrera said:
Seiya said:
miguelcabrera said:
Seiya said:
try custom scan>preview and then it lets you "crop". works for me on 2 different scanners.

where can i find this option?
When you first hit scan.

i hit scan on the scanner, there is a button on it, i dont press anything from my computer.....i dont know wehre it is
try it from paint,
file> from scanner or camera and see if the options show up.

i dont have paint

i use the hp photosmart studio

either way i just got one to work!!!!!!

i figured out a method and will betrying it on the rest, hopefully it was not a fluke

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Did it come with software at all? I know my all in one, and standalone scanner came with HP Imaging. Try looking for it.

Are you running Vista or XP? If it's Xp, you can open up the control panel and go into the scanners folder. Right click on your scanner icon in there, and try out the different options to scan. There should be a scan wizard that will allow you to crop the image where you want it. I'm not sure if you can do that in Vista too or not.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Card Magnet said:
Did it come with software at all? I know my all in one, and standalone scanner came with HP Imaging. Try looking for it.

Are you running Vista or XP? If it's Xp, you can open up the control panel and go into the scanners folder. Right click on your scanner icon in there, and try out the different options to scan. There should be a scan wizard that will allow you to crop the image where you want it. I'm not sure if you can do that in Vista too or not.

I have a mac, but either way I seem to have it under control after a very long time of trying to get it to work, very happy!

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
now that i have really gotten the hang of this which do you guys prefer?

scan of just the card

or scan in the toploader while the top two ends of the top loader cant be fully cropped if you know what i mean since they are round, same with even the bottom 2 so there is a little jut of white/gray there, no material

which?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
miguelcabrera said:

scan of just the card

or scan in the toploader while the top two ends of the top loader cant be fully cropped if you know what i mean since they are round, same with even the bottom 2 so there is a little jut of white/gray there, no material

which?

im probably the wrong guy to answer this question, due to my OCD'ness

but if your going to use a top loader, and thats fine, but be sure to use clean ones,
or as clean as possible. you want to be uniform in your scans.

i use a one-touch for scanning, and top loads for storage. i am lucky as most of the
time, my scanner scans them just like this (no cropping needed):

Bruce2008ToppsFactorySetOnly.jpg

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
ThoseBackPages said:
miguelcabrera said:

scan of just the card

which?

im probably the wrong guy to answer this question, due to my OCD'ness

but if your going to use a top loader, and thats fine, but be sure to use clean ones,
or as clean as possible. you want to be uniform in your scans.

i use a one-touch for scanning, and top loads for storage. i am lucky as most of the
time, my scanner scans them just like this (no cropping needed):

Bruce2008ToppsFactorySetOnly.jpg

finished the year 2000, lmk what ya think

http://s701.photobucket.com/albums/ww18 ... tion/2000/

Members online