Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cardinals Heroes at the Hall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
Yesterday my fiance and I went to St. Louis to the Cardinals Hall of fame. We got to meet and get autographs from a few former Cardinals!

Here they are:

Al Hrabosky
AlHrabosky.jpg

Red Schoendienst
RedSchoendienst.jpg

Ricky Horton
RickHorton.jpg

Once I find my light box and get it set up, I'll get pictures of the baseballs. Hrabosky added "The Mad Hungarian" to his signature. Red was in the zone when I asked him to add HOF 89, so I don't even think he heard me...he didn't add it.

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
Very nice! Hrabosky is a great signer. I got him IP at the Cardinals Winter-Warm up a few year ago. A very nice guy, IMO.

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
MaineMule said:
....nice pics and nice autos of Al and Red, but who is Rickey Horton?? :p
He's a guy that only Cardinals fans can appreciate. ;) He would talk your ear off if the ushers would let him. They had to keep nudging him to keep the line moving.

stlalways94 said:
Very nice! Hrabosky is a great signer. I got him IP at the Cardinals Winter-Warm up a few year ago. A very nice guy, IMO.
All 3 of the guys were great. There was a kid in front of us while getting Hrabosky's autograph. Hrabosky looked up at him and said "Are you a ballplayer, or just another kid?" The kid just looked at him for a second, then Hrabosky said "Because I don't like kids!" Then he cracked up laughing and signed the kid's things. He had the whole line laughing.

The lady in front of me (as seen in the picture) told Hrabosky that she was from Chicago. Silence fell upon the room at that point. She said that this was her first year as a Cardinals fan, and everyone gasped! She wanted her picture taken with Hrabosky, so he told her to come around to him on the other side of the table. She went around there and Hrabosky told her to sit on his lap. Then he hugged her and they took the picture. Then Hrabosky said "I don't think the flash went off" (which it did.) So he hugged her again and they took another picture. Good times there. I can't wait for Winter Warm-Up!