Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone submit to COMC since they changed their service levels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
My first submission since the change was logged in today. I submit mostly low-end stuff so I chose the 2-8 week service. My guaranteed time is March 31st but I'm curious to see if things drop in to my account as soon as 2 weeks.

I'll update this thread as things happen just in case others care to know.

PS: my submission consisted of baseball, football and basketball.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I sent on that they received on January 19 - I was pleasantly surprised to get an email on Saturday (2/1) stating that they added 200 cards to my account. I sent in around 800 I think.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
I sent on that they received on January 19 - I was pleasantly surprised to get an email on Saturday (2/1) stating that they added 200 cards to my account. I sent in around 800 I think.

Great to hear! I will say that I really like that with these changes they will only take the money as cards are added to inventory.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
I sent one last week. I'll keep everyone posted as well. This batch contained mostly baseball from the 90s on up.

I'm interested to hear your results. My guess is they try to process baseball quick with Spring Training right around the corner.

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Is the sport and time of year factored? I was under the impression that it was to process newer/hotter product cards first so they can upload them quicker. I may be mistaken since I didn't read the COMC blog completely.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
Is the sport and time of year factored? I was under the impression that it was to process newer/hotter product cards first so they can upload them quicker. I may be mistaken since I didn't read the COMC blog completely.

Not 100% sure but I believe they made mention that off season sports could take a back seat.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Not 100% sure but I believe they made mention that off season sports could take a back seat.

and apparently approaching season sports, too! ;) Only eighteen 2014 topps cards listed when I checked earlier today. I was trying to look at the back of some the base cards to check out something I found out about today that was buried in the lead about the 2014 topps cards.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
I'm a little confused I guess. I thought with the new process they added cards as your "progress" continued. I was stuck on 5% for a week and figured that to be the actual receipt of the cards. Now I see my progress at 10% and there has been no change to my account.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I'm a little confused I guess. I thought with the new process they added cards as your "progress" continued. I was stuck on 5% for a week and figured that to be the actual receipt of the cards. Now I see my progress at 10% and there has been no change to my account.

Mine went from 25% to 66% complete without adding any more cards into my account. I'm also confused. It's been more than a week since they added the first batch of cards, and I sent in at least 800 cards.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
Mine went from 25% to 66% complete without adding any more cards into my account. I'm also confused. It's been more than a week since they added the first batch of cards, and I sent in at least 800 cards.

Hmmm

I want to submit more cards but I'm not sure waiting up to 8 weeks to get cards eligible for sale is worth it. Sure, they don't charge you until the cards hit the marketplace, but 8 weeks is a long time. Also my cards are low end so they make no sense for $1 premium sub.

Moe@COMC

Jul 12, 2013
Redmond, WA
Hi all! I just wanted to chime in here really quickly. If you saw our latest blog post, which is an update on the new services, you'll see that we'll be processing the cards under the Basic Service between Monday and Thursday, and your cards will be deposited into your accounts on Fridays. Whereas cards submitted under the Premium service will deposited when they're ready to go.http://blog.comc.com/2014/02/05/premium-basic-processing-services/As always, hit me up with any questions you might have! Thanks.

Moe@COMC

Jul 12, 2013
Redmond, WA
Ok, seriously. Why do I lose all the formatting and line breaks in my posts? And, how come I can't edit something after I post it? It just locks up on me. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
Ok, seriously. Why do I lose all the formatting and line breaks in my posts? And, how come I can't edit something after I post it? It just locks up on me. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Not sure, Moe. But we get what you're saying without the line breaks.

One question: am I correct to assume since it shows 10% of my 100 piece order done that this Friday I should have 10 cards drop in to my inventory manager?

Thanks for stopping in. As with any time there is change, clarity from the source helps.

Brad

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston

One question: am I correct to assume since it shows 10% of my 100 piece order done that this Friday I should have 10 cards drop in to my inventory manager?

Thanks for stopping in. As with any time there is change, clarity from the source helps.

Brad

I believe last time he mentioned percentages he stated that they were relatively meaningless built upon previous software

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009

Brad

I want to say on my last batch that cards started being added around 30%. I am at 59% now with no new adds since then.

Moe@COMC

Jul 12, 2013
Redmond, WA
Hi Brad; I guess that's a fair assumption - we'll see what happens on Friday. Please let us know, as I'd love to hear your results. I have 3 batches processing right now, ranging between 70-84% completion. I'll post my results on Monday.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Hi Brad; I guess that's a fair assumption - we'll see what happens on Friday. Please let us know, as I'd love to hear your results. I have 3 batches processing right now, ranging between 70-84% completion. I'll post my results on Monday.

I just had 142 items added to my account tonight. I was surprised since I was expecting it on Friday, but not complaining here!

Members online

Latest posts