Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bronson Arroyo Signs a Two-Year Deal With the Diamondbacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Arizona was determined to sign a SP this offseason, and they finally have him.

Just reported by Ken Rosenthal.

Last edited:

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
pushes back Archie. 2 years isn't bad, but they have some good sp coming and there are always better options than arroyo, every year. Don't really understand it.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
pushes back Archie. 2 years isn't bad, but they have some good sp coming and there are always better options than arroyo, every year. Don't really understand it.

I dont know why they even signed Arroyo.

Corbin, Miley, McCarthy, Delgado, Cahill, and now Arroyo

Guess Delgado will stick to the pen and Bradley will join him there if he gets called up this year.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN

Arroyo's deal with Arizona: 9.5m in 2014, 9.5m 2015, 4.5m buyout on an $11m option on 2016

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Good deal for AZ IMO. A guy who "eats innings" and has some post-season experience always works for me.

Plus, in that stadium and with a solid defensive infield, you want a guy who keeps the ball on the ground.

Another good move for a team I think will really surprise folks...

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I'm alright with this. When McCarthy goes down with his usual mid-season injury, it'll be Corbin-Miley-Cahill-Arroyo-Delgado, so Delgado won't have to be in the bullpen too long. I still think Archie needed a half year of seasoning anyway, so I think this is okay. $23 million is a lot, but it's not as much as it used to be.

Not a terrible rotation, but not great. Depends on how much Corbin regresses this season. Miley regressed a lot last year, but seemed to put it back together the second half of the season, so I have hope for him being a pretty solid #2 .

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Oh boy, another pitcher who the Giants can't hit, joins the NL West.

In their last 5 outings vs the Giants

Arroyo: 1.09 era, 0.970 whip
Kershaw: 1.38 era, 0.692 whip

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I hope it at least pushes the staff like McCarthy , Delgado and Cahill. If Miley and Corbin can put together solid seasons and they can get some improvement from the back half the $ spent is worth it. I see a lot of potential with bounce back years. Fingers crossed

Ryan

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Our downfall will, again, be a lack of a true ace.

Hitting is good, maybe above average, but our pitching is definitely a weak spot.

They needed to make a trade or acquire an elite SP and instead settled for a guy who is just going to eat innings and post a 3.50 or higher era, if he has a good year. Expecting anything more is a stretch considering hes moving to, arguably, the hardest division in the NL now.

Corbin will undoubtedly regress this year, Miley is up in the air, Cahill is consistent at being mediocre, McCarthy is a huge injury risk and Arroyo is solid but not considered an upgrade really.

Members online

Latest posts