Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett readers don't like "our" jaypers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
From the new beckett baseball

Attachments

• 1391878587720.jpg
    1391878587720.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Piss_on_Beckett.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Was that some sort of contest where he was chosen to be on a card? I'm assuming here that this is a real card and not a fantasy custom?

A_Pharis

It wasn't REALLY a contest. Jaypers is a Bowman scout.

It's a lot better than previous Scout autos. I have to echo previous sentiment - listening to Beckett readers :rolleyes:. Hell, chances are they got that poll from a random thread on their forum.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Was that some sort of contest where he was chosen to be on a card? I'm assuming here that this is a real card and not a fantasy custom?

Yes and yes.

I might have to go out and buy a copy of Beckett magazine for the first time in years now.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It wasn't REALLY a contest. Jaypers is a Bowman scout.

It's a lot better than previous Scout autos. I have to echo previous sentiment - listening to Beckett readers :rolleyes:. Hell, chances are they got that poll from a random thread on their forum.

Technically it was, as it was one of the prizes Topps offered for winning their Bowman Scout essay contest.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I guess I don't understand what a Bowman Scout is. What would a Bowman scout do? Are you a baseball scout (I understand what they do) who was featured on a card set or is this more a card industry related thing?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I guess I don't understand what a Bowman Scout is. What would a Bowman scout do? Are you a baseball scout (I understand what they do) who was featured on a card set or is this more a card industry related thing?

I have two primary responsibilities - find names of prospects to include in future Bowman products and tweet about all things prospect-related using the @BowmanScout name.

And I am in no way a professional baseball scout.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
The Rookie Rolodex use to be fun to read when they would compare up and coming prospects to current or previous major league guys.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
The Rookie Rolodex use to be fun to read when they would compare up and coming prospects to current or previous major league guys.

Pujols to cepeda
Chris Marrero to Pujols

I got banned in early 2007 from bmb for complaining about the then new rolodex because they didn't list any prospects, only "rookie logos"

So we got write ups for 30 year old "rookies" while leaving off every prospect.

But the kicker was despite not having any prospects listed, Alex Gordon was the cover boy!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

Indeed, I used to look forward to that every year.When did they stop making that?

Members online

Latest posts