Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bunch of stupid questions at the tanaka conference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
You've faced Latino players in Japan but are you ready to face the real ones in America?

When you signed with the yanks, did you call any former Japanese Yankees like hideki matsui or kei igawa?

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Where these American "reporters" asking these questions or Japanese? The Japanese press tend to ask a LOT of stupid questions, but I figure the American's wouldn't want to be left out of the chance to look like idiots either.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I don't think I could think of a single intelligent question to ask any ballplayer. I mean, other getting into detail about a specific play or something, what do you ask a ballplayer that's not completely inane?

How do you think your success in the Japanese league will translate to American ball?

Why did you sign with the Yankees?

Do you feel in awe of the pinstripe mystique?

F-Marry-Kill: Lady Gaga, America Ferrara, Jane Lynch

Do you think you will be able to throw the ball in such a way as to either cause the batters to hit the ball directly at your fielders or consistently miss the ball entirely?

How do you like New York so far?

Do you like sushi?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Someone also asked him what his first meal in America was.

He replied "sushi"

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Someone also asked him what his first meal in America was.

He replied "sushi"

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

~I think he mentioned he had never had it before~

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I think one question that would be valid is the difference in the American and Japanese baseballs. He apparently threw bullpens and practices with the MLB ball, so he has experience. I'd be curious to hear how the difference in balls impacts the splitter and his other pitches.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
There are only so many questions you can ask a guy. I don't think either of the first 2 questions were stupid. Calling former Japanese Yankee players could be beneficial to him fitting in in NYC. Not everyone cares about just baseball questions the reporters have to write a story with mass appeal in my opinion.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
You've faced Latino players in Japan but are you ready to face the real ones in America?

When you signed with the yanks, did you call any former Japanese Yankees like hideki matsui or kei igawa?

Kei Igawa!! Hahahahahahahahahahah
What a complete FRAUD this guy was!

Members online

Latest posts