Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Box 'O Goodies - participants wanted!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Hello All!

I have reset this thread because the other was so long and large, I think even the ladies were scared to look at it and try to figure out to handle it all!

For anyone on FCB who has been sleeping in a cave for the past year, I'd like to introduce Box O' Goodies 4.0 to you! It consists of a medium flat rate USPS box that will be sent around to a group of FCB members who would like to build up their collection and contribute to what I hope is a long time running project on FCB! I hope to ship this box off with the start of the baseball season (early April) or sooner.

Here is how this is going to work:

I'd like a list of 10 people who would like to participate in this round. I will try to set the box up with stuff that the 10 participants collect. I will then send it to someone on the list (probably the person who lives closest to me) and I will set up a travel map for the box, such that it makes its way to each and everyone of the 10 participants in a timely manner (probably a circular pattern around the USA, dependent on the participants - it will not be set up so that it is making trips back and forth from the east coast to the west coast).

Your job as a participant is simple:
1) Take what you want from the box.
2) Add content to the box that makes the box BETTER than it was when it got to you.
3) Try to think of those coming after you when you fill the box and include what you can that you think they will like.

RULES:
1) Be timely! Don't keep the box for more than 48 hours in your possession. That should be PLENTY of time to go through and pull stuff out. Think ahead and have what you are going to add to the box ready to go before you even get it. This should allow the box to do the full circuit in a couple of months.
2) Don't be greedy - give more than you take.
3) Feel free to add a "for user id" on stuff that you want to go specifically to someone. Please be respectful of this and don't take something that says it is specifically for someone else.
4) 500 posts and/or 1 year FCB membership to participate.
5) You have $11.95-$16.85 at your disposal to ship the box off to the next person (it may be a large flat rate by the time you get it).
6) Follow the shipping map!!! Don't send it off to anyone other than the person next on the list after you, which I will finalize and post here in this thread.
7) No base cards. I repeat, do NOT put base cards in the box! Only exception to this is vintage cards (70's or older) that are NOT beat to hell.
8) Post in this thread what you remove and what you add to the box along the way so others can share in your excitement!

Post in here that you are interested and then send me a PM with the following:

Your Name
Your Address
Your Phone Number
What you Collect
3 Favorite Players
2 Favorite Teams
Anything else you are interested in receiving.

This will allow me to pick some participants and keep the overlap to a minimum. I'd like to keep it baseball related or at least dominated. But feel free to add a few other sports and items that are specific for participants you know will appreciate them. I hope we can all have fun with this!

If you have some items that you would like to contribute to the box to get it started, you can send them to me and I will add them. There have been many generous members here who have helped to get the box started with each round we have done this. It got built up nicely, but declined a bit on the last round so we need some help rebuilding. I have added a bunch of game used and autos to get the rebuild going and look to you to contribute as well! Thank you to rum151man for sending a bunch of vintage autos as well to help get it going again.

Questions? Fire away!
Bill

Participants for round 4 already in (or considering): *If your info is missing below, I need it (send along with all requested info above)

MansGame - - - Mac S.
Players Collected: Albert Belle
Teams: Cleveland Indians, Ohio State football
Other: 1990s inserts, RCs, etc.

Ashburn Alley - - -Greg M.
Players Collected: Darren Daulton, Chase Utley, Brian Westbrook, Jameer Nelson, Bernard Pierce
Teams: Phillies, Eagles, Flyers
Other: 90's inserts

Bill Menard - - - Bill M.
Players Collected: Dustin Pedroia, Stephen Strasburg, Bryce Harper, Rocco Baldelli
Teams: Red Sox, Nationals, Diamondbacks
Other: Bowman Chrome Base Autographs, Colored Bowman Chrome Refractors

CISCOKID23 - - - Cisco R.
Players Collected: MATT KEMP, FERNANDO VALENZUELA, OREL HERSHISER, JACKIE ROBINSON
Teams: Dodgers
Other:

ASTROBURN - - -
Players Collected:
Teams: Astros
Other:

Enfuego79 - - - Anthony
Players Collected: Alex Rodriguez
Teams: Yankees
Other:

jkeys - - - Jason K.
Players Collected: Chipper Jones, Jim Thome, Ivan Rodriguez, Vladimir Guerrero, Andy Pettitte, Craig Biggio, Pedro Martinez, Trevor Hoffman, John Smoltz, Edgar Martinez, Omar Vizquel & Carlos Delgado (on occasion will collect late 90's stuff of Adrian Beltre and David Ortiz also, but not my focus).
Teams:
Other: 90's and early 2000's (prior to 2005) inserts, parallels, autographs, game used, etc. Also collect odd-ball or non-traditional cards of players above.

fordman - - - Mick P.
Players Collected: Jay Bruce, Barry Larkin, Johnny Bench
Teams: Reds, Tigers
Other:

Shipping order and rough estimate of the timeline
ID
Name
State
Receive By
Ship By

fordman
Mick
OH

jkeys
Jason
KS

Enfuego79
Anthony
NY

ASTROBURN

CA

CISCOKID23
Cisco
CA

MansGame
Mac
TX

Ashburn Alley
Greg
PA
Bill Menard
Bill
RI

Last edited:

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Hey you 7 peeps that were interested - it is time for the box to go back out!

I have made a few changes in my thought process. This box is going to go out AS IS from what I received back from the round 3. No additions from me. I'll let rum151man decide if he wants his contributions to rebuild the box back up to go in this box or if he wants them to go into the strictly auto/game used box that I am developing - details to come in next thread I build.

So, again, please decide if you want to be in this round with the box as is. Right now, it is a mainly baseball, with a few basketball and football cards mixed in (maybe 10-15% non-baseball). There are many game used and autos of 5th string guys or some top names (david wright, greg maddux, etc.), but they have some damage due to being shipped around so much, really with varying degrees of protection and handling.

Looking forward to hearing back from you folks.

Thank you

Members online

Latest posts