Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Baez Timing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Wanted to get your guys opinions.

I've always been a huge advocate of selling and not looking back. But at what point do you sell on Baez. Baez autos are receiving attention they've never seen before with several non-ended auctions over $90.00 (1 over $100.00). Wait until ST? Sell now as it would be roughly seven times my money already. Hold?

Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Bowman...0850065932?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item5404570a0c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Bowman...1127178032?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4d18b7c330

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'd hold until ST.

ST stats are funny - they mean nothing when the player isn't hitting, but mean everything when he's raking.

All it takes are a few bombs from Baez and you could be looking at a $150 card.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
It's just so tempting right now. I had an offer today for two refractors and a blue for 550.00. I think my buy-in on those was like 120.00 total.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I like climbing the ladder - sell a couple at one price, list the next couple at a higher price. I stay away from best offers a lot of times because of how tempting it is to accept offers [lots of offers regardless]. If a card goes from $30 to $150, I will try to capture at least half the profit when I list my first few cards. I can't say if it's a good strategy, but it works best for me.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
If you have an assortment of one player (i.e. some base, some ref's, some colored ref's) which do you find you guys are listing first? The base?

I'm actually not sure whether listing the base or the big guys first is smarter, thoughts?

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Really depends on how much you have....

i'm probably going to list chromes with BIN/BO and have sterlings in the same fashion except sell a couple at a time through auctions...

I have so much that throwing out there at one time would be dangerous IMO.

i have about a 3200 hundred dollar investment which would be paid off just moving the chrome i have.

So the 55 sterlings are all profit.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I wish I had bought more at 14.50 per base chrome on average. Blues were 75.00 and I was debating at the time.

If only elder-Biff was around.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I sell high end first. The rate of increase is higher for base autos than color as the cards continue to rise in value. And I think this is more true today as the gap between Ref au /500 and Blue au is as great as ever.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Just so everyone has the data, I'm getting several 150.00 offers on refractors and have a 325.00 offer on a blue auto raw. Sell? Hold?

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Hold until when though? Friday? (2nd ST game for the Cubs)

Well, thats a question only you can answer. I'm already selling some sterlings and few others at substantial profits but i'm just trying to recoup my investment. It really depends on what level of profit you're looking for....

Me? I have enough to sell on the uptrend and make the kind of money i'm happy with but i also have 80 autos to get through...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Just blasted his first ST HR. Oppo field.

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I have to admit I am kicking myself that I sold off some of my prize pieces to my Baez collection at the end of last year. But at the same time my 20+ gem autos are all free and clear and pure profit, so I guess it is tough to argue with that. I am moving the last of my two raw autos as we speak. Not sure what the heck I am going to with all the gems :D

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I sold my ref's but still have my base and such. Some of the offers I have received have been completely ridiculous.

Getting offers of 350.00 for a raw blue. Sell?

I'm not sure I can hold out any further. :)

Last edited:

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I sold my ref's but still have my base and such. Some of the offers I have received have been completely ridiculous.

Getting offers of 350.00 for a raw blue. Sell?

I'm not sure I can hold out any further. :)

If you're comfortable, go for it.

Sterlings are the gift that keeps giving when a player gets hot. Getting 75 for gem sterlings..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online