Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I hate homer articles...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
How much of this do you think is baloney?

What did you see in him? "The day that I saw him pitch, his first fastball was 99 mph, and he was at 100-102 mph the rest of the way," says the scout, who is not one for hyperbole.

Yeah, heard he had a good fastball. Straight as a string, right? "That's the thing," said the scout. "Whenever you see a fastball at 100 mph, it's always straight. No movement. But his fastball has a lot of movement, which really doesn't make that much sense, because it's on the hitter so quickly. His fastball cuts."

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
This sold for $700 the other day. I didn't realize the kind of prices his cards were pulling. It's numbered /12.

7c3b_1.jpg

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
VERY few people ever live up to their hype. I say Buster just wanted to feed the ESPN hype machine.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
AKA Coastal said:
How much of this do you think is baloney?

What did you see in him? "The day that I saw him pitch, his first fastball was 99 mph, and he was at 100-102 mph the rest of the way," says the scout, who is not one for hyperbole.

Yeah, heard he had a good fastball. Straight as a string, right? "That's the thing," said the scout. "Whenever you see a fastball at 100 mph, it's always straight. No movement. But his fastball has a lot of movement, which really doesn't make that much sense, because it's on the hitter so quickly. His fastball cuts."

It could be in fact true, in his second outing of the season, he was clocked at 102...7 times.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
I can't wait to see this kid in a month or so.

Now, with Strasburg's projected MLB ETA of a year or so, does Razor sign him to their exclusive three year contract knowing UD (if still around) or Panini (if given an MLB license) would be able to produce cards of him? I didn't realize how ridiculous that question sounded until I typed it all out.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
ru4scuba said:
I can't wait to see this kid in a month or so.

Now, with Strasburg's projected MLB ETA of a year or so, does Razor sign him to their exclusive three year contract knowing UD (if still around) or Panini (if given an MLB license) would be able to produce cards of him? I didn't realize how ridiculous that question sounded until I typed it all out.

I don't think Strasburg would be that good of an exclusive for Razor considering he has several MLB licensed cards, although I am rooting for it as I personally wouldn't want to see a 2009 Topps card.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
BBCardKid -- I just won a Strasburg Ultimate/25 of my own a couple of days ago. I believe this will prove to be his best card.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Jaypers said:
BBCardKid -- I just won a Strasburg Ultimate/25 of my own a couple of days ago. I believe this will prove to be his best card.

I saw that one, I was thinking of throwing in a bid, but got sidetracked. Scuba, this is why I don't want a 2009 Topps card, because I want the Ultimate to be the "ultimate" card.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:

They are great looking cards. I meant to get one, but never had. I own 6 or 7 of the Hunter Morris one's though.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
beefycheddar said:
Jaypers said:

They are great looking cards. I meant to get one, but never had. I own 6 or 7 of the Hunter Morris one's though.

If you ever want to buy any Morris 06 AFLAC's, I'm your man. Got a boatload of 'em.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
beefycheddar said:
Jaypers said:

If you ever want to buy any Morris 06 AFLAC's, I'm your man. Got a boatload of 'em.

Probably will before this summer. We are going a lot of signing with him to raise money for Cape League team as long as he definitely comes this summer.

Latest posts