Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

4 card RCR at my LCS...Woot!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dxanarchy

Jun 13, 2009
Yea...4/4 with a 10 to boot. Both Trouts are refractors.

Attachments

• Cingrani 9.5.jpg
    Cingrani 9.5.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 146
  • Trout 9.5.jpg
    Trout 9.5.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Westbrook 9.5.jpg
    Westbrook 9.5.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Trout 10.jpg
    Trout 10.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 142

dxanarchy

Jun 13, 2009
I would have, but I need a quick flip. Have a trip to Baltimore planned in Mid-March.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
To buyers out there, how much do you give more for a RCR 9.5 or 10?Same as slab?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I won't buy rcr because of the scamming that goes on with them.

Have not heard of this before.So someone could peel sticker or seal and slip a damaged card in one and sell as gem?What scamming does this entail?Never used RCR, not familiar with it.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
To buyers out there, how much do you give more for a RCR 9.5 or 10?Same as slab?

I am by no means the pulse of the hobby on this, but I would not pay a penny of a premium on a RCR. All it does is offer a non-guaranteed second hand opinion, one you will have to re-pay for in order to have it re-graded and slabbed. I would rather buy raw. Just my 2...

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Good news for the OP is that not all buyers know that that isn't the true/guaranteed grade so he will get some premium over raw cards.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I am by no means the pulse of the hobby on this, but I would not pay a penny of a premium on a RCR. All it does is offer a non-guaranteed second hand opinion, one you will have to re-pay for in order to have it re-graded and slabbed. I would rather buy raw. Just my 2...

I could see paying a few extra dollars for it, but nothing more.How often have you seen cards go from RCR 9.5 to BGS 9?

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
As stated earlier, RCR isn't a true grade. If they're ever sent in to be slabbed, they will be re-graded at full cost, before put into a slab.

I recently experienced this with a customer in my group sub.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Have not heard of this before.So someone could peel sticker or seal and slip a damaged card in one and sell as gem?What scamming does this entail?Never used RCR, not familiar with it.

cutting open the bottom of the holder and inserting a different card and resealing it. i forget the the story but a few years ago there was a guy in jersey or new york scamming people on high end cards with this.

Members online

No members online now.