Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collector Question 1996 Topps SC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
This question pertains to the foil. I have about 6 or 7 of these 1996 Topps Stadium Club cards and they all have gold foil. I have one that has silver foil. I am not sure if it shows in my scan but I don’t see a silver version listed in Beckett. Has anyone seen these or know the deal about these?
posgold.jpg

Just curious how many of you kept the different variations of foils with these TSC cards also? I know the silver is a SP. I am sure the variations of rainbows are endless. I kept as many colors that came around but I don’t go out of my way for them. Do you keep these?

oneilltsc.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
96 SC has a silver version that is listed in Beckett:

http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1996/stadium-club-silver/

"Issued as a factory set that included the Mickey Mantle insert cards, this set was packaged in mini-cereal box type cartons and made available through various retail outlets. The silver foil on the card fronts differentiates this set from the regular issue Stadium Club set, which featured gold foil card fronts."

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Those are the exact kind of parallels and variations that you'd miss in a second if you didn't have the other one next to it for comparison or you knew about it otherwise.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Wow, thanks for the info everyone. I am not sure where or when the silver got in my collection but I'm glad I don't have to go hunting for it.

Members online

Latest posts