Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are 2014 Donruss Recollection Collection autographs stamped or embossed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Are these cards embossed or stamped in any way to denote them as Recollection Collection cards? I think I see a plate-shaped emboss on the card, but not sure. I hope this is the case, otherwise would be really easy to fake. Wish Panini would have foil stamped them as "Recollection Collection" as in the past.

$_57.JPG

Last edited:

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Brad yes there is a plate shaped emboss on the card and on every card so far that is listed on ebay. I have a huge computer screen so I can see it clear as day.

Last edited:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Bard yes there is a plate shaped emboss on the card and on every card so far that is listed on ebay. I have a huge computer screen so I can see it clear as day.

Thanks. I was having a hard time on seeing anything on the Grace card below, which was why I was asking originally. Guess Grace has two Recollection Auto's in this product. Just bought this one. The other is #/10 and I don't know what year card it is.

$_57.JPG

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Looks like it is in the same spot on the Grace as it is on the Coleman. Hard to see but the bottome of the stamp stands out a little better againist the green wall in the background.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I see it too; looks like the logo takes up the space between the 'Donruss' logo and Grace's shoulder.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Not sure if anyone cares, but here's a closeup of the emboss on the Grace I bought. It's shield-shaped, with the Donruss logo in the upper left corner, the words "Recollection Collection" slanted across middle, and a baseball with "2014" in the lower right corner.

recollectionemboss.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
dude what if they did a pete rose one

They did do a Pete Rose one - well actually 3 different Roses. What of it?

Checklist - There's also a To-Be-Announced player redemption. Charlie - Dawson has an auto in the "Power Plus" insert set, but no Recollection buyback.

Tim Raines #/ 45
Dusty Baker #/ 20
Alan Trammell #/ 23
Pete Rose #/ 10
Cal Ripken Jr. #/ 7
Nolan Ryan #/ 23
Wade Boggs #/ 15
Tony Gwynn #/ 12
Ryne Sandberg #/ 10
Joe Carter #/ 30
Ron Darling #/ 18
Don Mattingly #/ 20
Dusty Baker #/ 20
Darryl Strawberry #/ 26
Alan Trammell #/ 25
Pete Rose #/ 10
Pete Rose #/ 7
Eric Davis #/ 40
Dwight Gooden #/ 20
Roger Clemens #/ 7
Vince Coleman #/ 66
Jose Canseco #/ 31
Fred McGriff #/ 40
Bo Jackson #/ 10
Wally Joyner #/ 50
Rafael Palmeiro #/ 35
Barry Larkin #/ 15
Will Clark #/ 41
Mark Grace #/ 86
Tom Glavine #/ 20
Mark Grace #/ 10
Craig Biggio #/ 50
Ken Griffey Jr. #/ 11
Ken Griffey Jr. #/ 3
Joe Girardi #/ 30
Willie McGee #/ 15
Vince Coleman

Last edited:

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Busted a case, got none of these. But I did pull 2 of the Elite Dominator autos /10 (Encarnacion and Weaver), so that was nice.

sbjcards14

Dec 3, 2014
New to this site, found it looking for information on the card below. Donruss 2014 Griffey recollection collection. griffet donruss back.jpggriffey donruss.jpg

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
New to this site, found it looking for information on the card below. Donruss 2014 Griffey recollection collection. View attachment 43498View attachment 43499

Welcome to the site. I'm no Griffey expert, but looking at the checklist posted in this thread earlier it seems there were a total of 14 Griffey buybacks in the product (listed as /11 and /3). Your card (very nice BTW!) is /5 and I found this one that is /9:
http://auctions.beckett.com/ken-griffey-jr-2014-donruss-recollection-collecti-lot6313.aspx

That's still a total of 14 buybacks, so perhaps they just changed up the subtotals...instead of /11 and/3, it's actually /9 and /5.
Just a guess on my part. Perhaps one of the many Griffey collectors can chime in.
Good luck with the card!

Last edited:

sbjcards14

Dec 3, 2014
Welcome to the site. I'm no Griffey expert, but looking at the checklist posted in this thread earlier it seems there were a total of 14 Griffey buybacks in the product (listed as /11 and /3). Your card (very nice BTW!) is /5 and I found this one that is /9:
http://auctions.beckett.com/ken-griffey-jr-2014-donruss-recollection-collecti-lot6313.aspx

That's still a total of 14 buybacks, so perhaps they just changed up the subtotals...instead of /11 and/3, it's actually /9 and /5.
Just a guess on my part. Perhaps one of the many Griffey collectors can chime in.
Good luck with the card!

That was my thought also, 14 is 14 lol. I was surprised I could not find anything else on the net.

And Thanks for the welcome......

Members online

Latest posts