Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Box breakdown question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Let's say there is a hobby box of a product, ill use the new 2014 Donruss as an example, that states there are 2 autographs per box.

Does it mean exactly that? That there is 2 autos per box, period? Or does it mean there should be 2, but there is a chance there could be more or less? Or just more?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Usually, what's stated on the box is included, sometimes more.

But bowman chrome is notorious for having boxes missing the auto.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Let's say there is a hobby box of a product, ill use the new 2014 Donruss as an example, that states there are 2 autographs per box.

Does it mean exactly that? That there is 2 autos per box, period? Or does it mean there should be 2, but there is a chance there could be more or less? Or just more?

It depends what the language on the box is. If it's "on average" and the product states two autos per box, it will mean some boxes will have 0 or 1 autos and some will have 3 or 4 autos but most boxes should have 2.

If it's "guaranteed" or some such language, it means the card manuf guarantees you will at least get 2 autos in the box. I don't have a Panini box in front of me to know if they are likely to be a guarantee company or they are like Topps in being a company that goes with "on average".

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Thanks for the info guys.

On a related note.. I did get the mentioned Donruss box, which "guarantees" 2 autos and 1 GU, and ended up getting 2 autos and 2 GU.

But I find it interesting that although it says that on the box, there is a note stating that they actually don't guarantee anything and it's all random lol

Members online

Latest posts