Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Predictions sure to go wrong team edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
With snow on the ground and Spring Training in Florida I'm finding myself wanting to chat baseball and dreaming of warmer weather.

I started another thread about individual player stats, so why not one about teams.

Living in NY I have a strange feeling the Mets have a better record at the end of the year than the Yanks. I'm afraid a ton could go wrong with the Yanks this season while I feel like what the Mets are building is heading in the right direction and they'll be a scrappy team that plays hard every night.

How do you think your team will do?

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
With no Holland for the first half and question marks for Harrison's back and Ogando's shoulder, I am just praying for starter health. If we get it I think we are the best in AL. Sadly I don't think we will and our starter depth is not great right now. I think the Angels will have a good year and win the West since they finally went after pitchers (saying this kills me inside).

Ogando, Michael Young, Leonys Martin and all Texas Rangers

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
I think the Mariners will finish in 4th place even with the addition of Cano. The pitching has suffered already and there just isn't enough power around the field to drive guys in. I'm saying they lose 90+ games this year.

Sent from my BOOMSTICK!

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Sure to go wrong?

Yanks win 102 games and Tanaka wins 23.

Honest-to-goodness prediction?

Yanks win 91 and Sabathia returns to form, winning 18 with an ERA+ of 125. Robertson saves 34. Ichiro and Cervelli are traded for a bullpen arm.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Twins, maybe wont lose 100 games this year with a little bit of veteran depth at pitching
Moving Mauer to first and having him in the lineup 95%+ of the time should add a few extra wins
Still gonna be a long season at the bullseye, guessing final tally, 73-89, breaking the 3 year streak of 90+ losses

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The Cardinals will win the World Series.

Won't happen. They're a pre-season favorite. Every time they're in this position they XXXX the bed. 2004, 2005.

Only times they win it is when they are the underdogs. 2006, 2011.

Lost it last year to the Red Sox for the second time in 10 years.

They're better on paper this season.

I hope they can win the World Series, but history shows they will disappoint when they're favored.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
While I am a Yankees fan, I am also a realist. The past few years have shown that it's hard to bet against them. With the injuries and media BS, they still pulled off a decent record (payroll aside :D).

The Mets are still in the rebuilding phase and each year show promise. This year will be interesting for them. I'm curious to see the chemistry of the team on the field.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Don't see the Mets winning nearly enough games in their own tough division. The Yanks could be a last place team and still be way better than the Mets.

The Phils will make the Playoffs due to an improved Offense under Sandberg's style. But it could easily go South real quick and they could end up selling every movable piece at the Deadline.

And I really like Arizona's chances of having a reborn bunch of Pitchers and a good Post-season run...

Members online