Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dodger Autograph Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The Dodgers don't seem to get enough love here, so I thought I'd start a new thread in the same subject as others, autographs. I have been collecting Dodger signed cards and other flat items for many years now. I prefer cards, but will take photos, 3x5s and just about anything else small and flat. I don't care for larger items, balls, etc, just because they are harder to store. I won't promise weekly updates, but will reuse this thread to share some of my projects and nice finds.

I'll start it off with the 1974 TCMA 1952 Brooklyn Dodgers set that I had been trying to complete. I thought I was done, but that is what happens when you trust your memory and not a list. After pulling and scanning them, I realized that I was still missing two! Out of the 40 cards, 35 are possible. If you count the header card, which features 5 players of which at least one player on it was attainable (but not all 5), 36 different are possible. 4 players died before the set was released and are impossible:

Jackie Robinson
Gil Hodges
Chuck Dressen
Jake Pitler

Roy Campanella was paralyzed prior to the set, so he is possible, but only with the post accident scribble signature that he was able to make. I pretty much count his card is one of the 5 impossible cards.

I don't have the header card signed by anyone, but also don't count it, since all players featured are in the set and a 5x version is impossible otherwise.

That just leaves me 2 cards short: Ray Moore and Billy Loes, both tougher signatures, but not impossible. The search continues...

And somehow i missed this guy, but didn't want to redo the scans...

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Here is one more that I was really pumped about. In the early days of Ebay, i picked up a decent lot of them and have been slowly pecking away at it. however, I have come to the realization that finishing it would be cost prohibitive. You can see the Robinson there, but there is a good chance that the card is not authentic. Besides that key toughie, there are three more huge holes in the set:

Gil Hodges
Roy Campanella
Sandy Koufax

Otherwise, the team set is complete, including a team card (signed by Sandy Amoros):

devin

Aug 7, 2008
Chatfield, Minnesota
love seeing the vintage stuff signed! i like seeing the chris van cuyk. my aunt father in law or step father (cant remember which it was) was his brother john who played a few games for the dodgers i have some books that belonged to him
these 2 things are prob the best stuff i got from my aunt after he passed
011.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Forgot the graded cards, which is mainly why I don't like them otherwise. I like all similar cards to be stored together and I can't do that with graded cards.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Thanks for the encouragements and comments. Last installment until I can get to scanning the regular sized cards. Those are greater in numbers and mixed in with so many others that they are not as easy to pull quickly to scan.

1955:

Members online

Latest posts