Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do you guys prefer, jersey or bat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
As some of you may know I collect HOF autos and GU of the HOF members I can't or won't afford an auto for. I only choose GU from 2005 or earlier except national treasures. Still looking for Jackie robinson and Clemente but having a hard time choosing between bat cards (which to me seem more impersonal) or a jersey (more personal but also more expensive) I prefer jersey cards but have a hard time paying the price for some of them.
Thoughts? Opinions?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I like jerseys as well.

For Jackie I love the 2001 Prospect Premieres GU cards. Gorgeous set and not all that expensive.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Jersey cards, because bat pieces all look the same (except for barrels or knobs, obviously).

However, I no longer trust that vintage game-used pieces are always vintage or even used by the player pictured.
It's not worth the high prices many collectors pay when there has been so many screwups and questionable cards from the companies.
There is just no peace of mind anymore.

The whole game-used card industry has become a sham, and I feel bad for the major game-used card collectors, who have spent a fortune on "rare" pieces, when that segment of the hobby crashes.

Sorry for the rant, Michael.
I prefer jersey cards. ;)

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Jersey cards, because bat pieces all look the same (except for barrels or knobs, obviously).

However, I no longer trust that vintage game-used pieces are always vintage or even used by the player pictured.
It's not worth the high prices many collectors pay when there has been so many screwups and questionable cards from the companies.

The whole game-used card industry has become a sham, and I feel bad for the major game-used card collectors, who have spent a fortune on "rare" pieces, when that segment of the hobby crashes.

Lol that's alright. That's why I stated 2005 or before because I feel the same way.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
The GU market has already crashed, to the point where they shouldn't even be considered "hits" anymore. I just got $26 for an Aaron bat card from a $50/pack product. Wtf? $5 for a pujols jersey /25? Really?

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

Don't feel bad as I feel bad for those who spend a fortune on a guy who has never been in the league or has played a couple years only to see their cardboard tank. That will happen 10x more than the Highend game used market crashing.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I prefer Jersey and especially for Hof Pitchers as getting a bat piece of a pitcher/reliever just doesn't have the same feel for me as a other positions.

Members online

Latest posts