Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "what if" thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
After seeing the 1989 Upper Deck Bryce Harper card, I wondered what other cards would be nice to have if they had actually been made. Which cards would you like to see?

2000 Pacific Revolution Pujols
pap.jpg

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I'd love to see someone do various series of "missing" minor league and major league cards, perhaps as an insert.

For instance, missing from my player collections:

Bernardo Brito has no cards from 1982, 1984 or 1985, despite playing those seasons for Batavia and Waterloo. Neither team had sets in those years.
Hensley Meulens was the best player on the 1997 Ottawa Lynx team, yet somehow was left out of the 1997 Ottawa team set.
Tuffy Rhodes played half a season with Pawtucket in 1995 and wasn't included in either of the two sets the team issued.
Dave Henderson had no 1983 Donruss card, despite Fleer and Topps making one for him.

Other more substantial omissions:
Barry Bonds had no minor league cards. He should have a 1985 TCMA Prince William Pirates card, along with a 1986 ProCards Hawaii Islanders card.
Will Clark had no minor league cards. He should have had a 1985 Smokey Bear Fresno Giants card.
Barry Larkin has no minor league cards. Vermont didn't have a set in 1985 and Denver didn't have a set in 1986.

Ruben Sierra's 1986 ProCards Oklahoma City 89ers card has the wrong player pictured.
Matt Williams 1987 ProCards Phoenix Firebirds card has the wrong player pictured.

There are several players who don't have cards in some years either because the team didn't have a set, or they switched teams and somehow missed being in either team's set (Bret Saberhagen in 1983). I would love to see those filled in using the old TCMA, Cramer, Chong and ProCards designs.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
1998 Donruss Crusades for Ryne Sandberg (as if there weren't enough cards to chase).

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
All the obvious ones that get cited whenever threads like this come up: 1966 Topps Steve Carlton, 1952 Topps Williams, DiMaggio, Musial, etc. 2001 Topps Heritage Pujols and Ichiro cards. I think those two alone would've sold an update set. Or at least make them redemptions in a later set. And chrome parallels? Forget it. Then A&G Lance Armstrong cards, with autographs. I don't care, I still would treasure one, assuming I didn't pay too much for it. 1990 Upper Deck Frank Thomas. I still wonder how they missed him. Did the update set come out really early that year?

And I'm hoping for 2014 Grady Sizemore cards. He's hitting .308 in 5 games so far.

And I wish Topps had licenses for all sports and made Museum cards for all of them, with no exclusives. Imagine Jordan, James, Dr. J, Gretzky, Crosby, Lemieux, Roy, etc. They just started with football, but the checklist is disappointing. Montana and Manning and Bo Jackson are great, and there are some other HOFers, but hopefully they'll expand it next year, and improve the design.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I make all kinds of custom cards using classic topps, donruss, fleer designs. Im sure I can make upper deck as well, just havent tried yet. I have Jay Bruce featured in most of them but changing the player/name/team/logo isnt a big deal.
Check out www.jaybrucefan.wordpress.com

I've made just about every design from late 50's to 1996.

Fordman

Last edited:

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I make all kinds of custom cards using classic topps, donruss, fleer designs. Im sure I can make upper deck as well, just havent tried yet. I have Jay Bruce featured in most of them but changing the player/name/team/logo isnt a big deal.
Check out www.jaybrucefan.wordpress.com

I've made just about every design from late 50's to 1996.
Fordman

Nice job on the customs. What program do you use to create custom cards? I obviously use MS Paint.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Nice job on the customs. What program do you use to create custom cards? I obviously use MS Paint.

Photoshop CS2 and Photoshop Elements 10. I'm not gonna lie, it has taken me 2 years to learn how to use them.

Fordman