Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Glove day by Wison Sporting Goods (at Red Sox spring training)........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Marrero's glove was sick!!

Nothing beats breaking in a new glove, though. :)

.....agreed.....though I love my mitt from high school!

That was a great video! I wonder if they still put a ball in the web with the mitt under the pillow to sleep on for a week to break it in :)

....and don't forget the numerous rubber bands to hold it in "shape."

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I posted this before but thought it was appropriate for this thread. Glove day...circa late '40's early 50's.

SpringTraining1_zps6590e873.jpg

NE12BC12

Aug 5, 2011
Thanks for the video. It was GREAT! Not that I wasn't excited enough about the season getting started, this pumped me up again. Dang, now I'm not going to be able to get to sleep at a decent hour again. (lol) Got some tickets for the third game at Camden yards, decent seats on the visitor's side. Also hoping to get back to Fenway this year, it's only been about 25-30 years since I was last there. Work will put me in Massachusetts mid April, hoping to get a ticket that wont break the bank.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
I posted this before but thought it was appropriate for this thread. Glove day...circa late '40's early 50's.

Love the vintage pic- had not seen it before!!!

Thanks for the video. It was GREAT! Not that I wasn't excited enough about the season getting started, this pumped me up again. Dang, now I'm not going to be able to get to sleep at a decent hour again. (lol) Got some tickets for the third game at Camden yards, decent seats on the visitor's side. Also hoping to get back to Fenway this year, it's only been about 25-30 years since I was last there. Work will put me in Massachusetts mid April, hoping to get a ticket that wont break the bank.

Good luck on your quest to get to Fenway!! I've been to Camden Yards once, 8-9 years ago. Sox fans outnumbered O's fans by a lot.

Members online

Latest posts