Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can anyone help me ID these oddballs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
The Japanese card I bought because I thought it was John Farrell, but I don't see anything about him playing or coaching there. The Reese is a reprint, but I would love to know when the reprint set was issued.

img994.jpgimg995.jpgimg996.jpg

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
The American player looks like Bill Gullickson, who did pitch in Japan.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The 48 Swell Reprint is probably from CCC (Card Collector Co) in the late 80s/early 90s would be my guess. They reprinted tons of vintage sets. i didn't read the thread, but there may be some good info in there.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/5793...y+&+Richard+Gelman+and+Card+Collectors+Co.

The baseball greats card is a set of 10 or so cards (Feller, Dimaggio, Williams, etc) all in that same caricature format. i believe it's listed in the almanac under Baseball greats.
[MENTION=4035]DaClyde[/MENTION] may be able to help with the Japanese card. That card lkooks older than when his guys were in sets, but he seems to have done a lot of research on those cards.

Members online

Latest posts