Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~USPS---Oh USPS--Why so slow?~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Anyone have USPS shipping hubs that their mailers always seem to go through? These same USPS hub also tend to hold onto your mailer for EVER?

I have a mailer stuck in Forest Park, IL......grrrrrr I hate this shipping hub! The item has been in that location for 10-days.

I just picked up an item that was shipped from Hong Kong........Yes as in China Hong Kong. The auction was purchased 6 March and made it to me in 8-days.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I'm gonna say weather is the factor in Illinois. They just got blasted again with snow.

Sent from my DROID4 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
When I worked at the Ford Stamping plant in south Chicago, we would be sent home waiting on parts from Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan because of weather. Plus in the summer, there was always so much road work, trucks would be delayed.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
When I worked at the Ford Stamping plant in south Chicago, we would be sent home waiting on parts from Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan because of weather. Plus in the summer, there was always so much road work, trucks would be delayed.

UAW Local 558

And George weather has been a big factor here in up state illie is most of those employees are temps at Forest park and always will be and some drive all the way in from Indiana too but not many . more so from all the upper burbs though.USPS closed 2 of the facilities that service your area 2 years ago and consolidated many more and it can't hire enough and handle the load it now has there. Or and making 14.51 an hour does not help either when your work 70 plus hours a week and even on every Sunday. I know because my neighbor is one of the employees that had to transfers to forest Park in order to retire from the USPS in about 5 years if she is lucky see says. She says on a daily basis people are just walking out for a smoke and never coming back. Just last week the girl see was training got yelled at by some dick head boss ( her words) and the girl started to cry and walked right out.

Last edited:
I'm gonna say weather is the factor in Illinois. They just got blasted again with snow.

The United States Postal Service has no official creed or motto.

An inscription on the James Farley Post Office in New York City reads -
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

However in 2001, the USPS created a television commercial edited to Carly Simon's song "Let the River Run". The commercial, which ran after the September 11, 2001, attacks and the anthrax mailings, featured no voice over, only the following text interspersed on title cards. A portion of this variation also appeared without citation in the USPS 2001 Comprehensive Statement on Postal Operations -

"We are mothers and fathers. And sons and daughters. Who every day go about our lives with duty, honor and pride. And neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night, nor the winds of change, nor a nation challenged, will stay us from the swift completion of our appointed rounds. Ever."

You can take that for what it's worth - but I still believe the USPS does a good job for all the mail they handle

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I have a mailer stuck in Forest Park, IL......grrrrrr I hate this shipping hub! The item has been in that location for 10-days.

I guess I'm lucky. I received a card today and wondered why the first-class bubble mailer took 7 days to get to me from postmark to delivery. Punched in the tracking number into the USPS web and yep.... Forest Park, IL! Sat in Forest Park 5 days!

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
The was a weather delay in Illinois.

My heritage shipment is late and was stuck there.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
The was a weather delay in Illinois.

My heritage shipment is late and was stuck there.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

The whole country had gotten tons of snow. Forest Park depot sucks regardless of the weather.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Snow slows stuff down. Carriers take longer on routes and sometimes miss the truck going out or at least delay it. Each stop might be late and in turn sometimes mail is delayed a day. The next day there might be more mail than can fit on the truck. If this happens, Express and Priority get loaded before 1st Class, which is what cards are.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
saw this thought i share.

Processed through USPS Sort Facility WARRENDALE, PA 15095 December 18, 2013 12:50 am
Processed through USPS Sort Facility ATLANTA, GA 30320 December 16, 2013 9:58 pm
Depart USPS Sort Facility ATLANTA, GA 30369 December 16, 2013
Processed through USPS Sort Facility ATLANTA, GA 30369 December 15, 2013 10:41 am
Depart USPS Sort Facility WARRENDALE, PA 15095 December 15, 2013
Processed through USPS Sort Facility WARRENDALE, PA 15095 December 13, 2013 11:20 pm
Processed through USPS Sort Facility ATLANTA, GA 30320 December 12, 2013 6:07 pm
Depart USPS Sort Facility ATLANTA, GA 30320 December 12, 2013
Depart USPS Sort Facility OAK CREEK, WI 53154 December 10, 2013
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility OAK CREEK, WI 53154 December 10, 2013 1:34 am
Electronic Shipping Info Received December 9, 2013
Acceptance JANESVILLE, WI 53545 December 9, 2013 7:00 pm

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
sounds like the loop of hell! It wouldn't be the first time. The local news a few months ago ran a story about how a letter from california to new mexico made the loop of hell - from california to NM and somehow to NY, then back to NM, back to NY, back to NM, etc. and the loop of hell didn't stop until the NM resident inquired about what was going on with his letter since he could see with tracking that the letter was stuck in some loop. The NM sort facility kept an eye out for it and eventually got it out of the loop and delivered it. Apparently the address on the letter wasn't written in quite the right format which may have caused the letter to go through the loop.

A_Pharis

I have something stuck at Forest Park, myself...

Depart USPS Sort Facility
2014-03-15, 00:00:00, FOREST PARK, IL 60130
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
2014-03-14, 21:02:00, FOREST PARK, IL 60130
Dispatched to Sort Facility
2014-03-10, 17:29:00, LA GRANGE PARK, IL 60526
Acceptance
2014-03-10, 10:21:00, LA GRANGE PARK, IL 60526

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town

I live not too far from Forest Park. I put a bubble mailer in a drop-box inside a PO building 13 days ago, just after 7:00 on a Monday morning. That mailer still shows nothing past it's acceptance in Forest Park two days later.

On the other hand, I won an auction 7 days ago and received the package 3 days ago. :confused:

'weather' didn't at all impact those two deliveries to similar levels. Also, blasted with snow is an exaggeration for this part of the state. That Monday morning was rough, but was largely cleared up that evening.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Have been waiting on a package that was stuck on "dispatched from sort facility" (Denver) for a week. Guess where it was actually sitting that time? Yep 6 days at Forest Park. Fortunately seems to be moving again

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
have a friend that works at the Albany ny sort facility. they are overwhelmed with work. they are reopening the newburgh ny sort facility that was closed. should help. I hope.

deujr61

Mar 8, 2011
Illinois
WTF!

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
2014-04-11, 18:53:00, CHICAGO, IL 60701
2014-04-09, 18:45:00, CHICAGO, IL 60701
2014-04-08, 17:49:00, CHICAGO, IL 60701
Depart USPS Sort Facility
2014-04-08, 00:00:00, CHICAGO, IL 60701