Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I think i'd be pretty pissed if I pulled this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Ran across this ebay auction for this Harper Fit the Bill Auto

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-BOWMAN...=US_Baseball&hash=item43c6e5fec2#ht_25wt_1124

Except, those are his initials, not his autograph.

I'm not surprised Topps puts it out there, after all, they are the ones who let the football player (can't remember the name) sign his cards with a checkmark.

You mean this guy.. ;)

vcrap.jpg

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
You mean this guy.. ;)

vcrap.jpg

Not to get too technical but the checkmark signature is very common within the black community. We have a lot of black co-workers that use a checkmark for their signature. It's supposed to fill the void of no signature and have no real responsibility or you cant directly blame someone if something goes wrong.

I didnt mean to be or sound racists, but it is what it is.

Fordman

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Not to get too technical but the checkmark signature is very common within the black community. We have a lot of black co-workers that use a checkmark for their signature. It's supposed to fill the void of no signature and have no real responsibility or you cant directly blame someone if something goes wrong.

I didnt mean to be or sound racists, but it is what it is.

Fordman

What's Wil and Bryce's excuse?

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
By the way, that "checkmark" is supposed to be a "V".. for Vernand..

I guess that would be like Bryce Harper only signing a "B".. :cool:
(oh wait.. nevermind!)

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Bryce is just updating his auto to make it easier for mom and brother to help him sign cards. ;)

Even though I'm only a football fan (and don't collect football outside of Topps flagship football), the recent auto news thing that got me riled up is the Teddy Bridgewater auto change. Not as bad as Bryce's change, but I hate when athletes start to half-ass their auto and don't have work ethic or pride to write their signature without short cuts.

I have a legal signature and I have a public signature designed, but I would never shortcut the inking of my public signature should I ever become famous and need to use it.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts