Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which MODERN product do you feel is most over produced?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
On the heels of the other thread I started, how about for modern?

Let's say anything issued in the last 15 years.

Certainly nothing comes close to 80s production, but someone mentioned premiere ud golf.

For baseball, it's been four years and I've never had a problem finding 09 ud signature stars (came out early 10).

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Upper Deck base from 2007 to 2010 is still very easy to find; Walmart always has a ton of 2008 racks on discount that never sell.

2009 UD Series 2 used to be all over the place out here; the local KMarts had tons of blister-pack Hobby packs for around $1 each as well as the now-incredibly HTF Fat Packs with the Update. Those seem to have dried up all over the place.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'd say topps base 1, 2 and update. It seems like you can find them a few years after they've been released and as cheap as into the $30's just to clear it out.

I know it's popular in the general population (not just mostly collectors) but how about cutting the production some so maybe brick/mortars and online retailers can have it cleaned out in less than 2 years.

EDIT: totally concur about 2010 UD also. Pretty sad that you can buy retail gravity feed 36pk boxes for around $20. I like it as I'm building the set so it lessens my cost per set (and I'll probably end up having multiples when all is said and done since I have purchased some hobby boxes dirt cheap too). If it's not overproduced, it'd have to be underappreciated and I hope people can appreciate this release because UD for legal purposes broke the rules but I like this non-MLBP release because they have quite a bit of partial logos/wordmarks showing so it doesn't seem that very unlicensed to me.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts