Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Next $1000 Autographed FY Card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Crazy, I remember picking those up for $15 shorty after release. If only I could have predicted the future. I passes on a refractor because the seller wanted $24 and I thought that was too high.

A BGS 9 copy I sold shortly before call up for $120 was the longest I held. I thought I killed it at that sell price. What a difference a couple super human years makes.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Glad I pulled this out of a blaster box back in 2009 and had it graded just to "fill out" an order so I could reach the necessary minimum amount of cards. I tried selling it at the November Chicago show in 2012 but held onto it because nobody would make serious offers (at the time was selling for $650 and would get $200 offers) or just try to rip me off. Glad I decided to hang onto it now as one recently sold for $1200!

*edit* Image doesn't want to work at the moment, but it's a PSA10.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The scary thing is, there are many more of this card produced than the 2001 Bowman Chrome Pujols Autograph, and none are redemptions.
And how weird is it they're both playing for the same team?.
That is weird. And a third Angel, Josh Hamilton, had a super expensive autographed first year card too, his '99 Topps Traded autograph.
How expensive did that get at the peak of his popularity with the Rangers?

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
If it ever gets to the point where I can trade a Trout chrome auto for a Pujols chrome auto, I'd be ecstatic. I pulled 2 Trouts from my case of '09 draft and I still need the Pujols.

I doubt that will ever happen though.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
With the amount of these available im sure that card will fall back to earth once he finally has an average year because of slump, injury or whatever

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
You'll regret saying that. This kid IS the face of baseball. He's a good dude and comes from a great family. Everyone goes through slumps and injury. Trout has the IT factor and will be better than Harper as much as everyone hates hearing that because they think Harper is GOD. Don't get me wrong, I like both guys but Trout is already 5 tool and if it wasn't for Miggy, he would have been MVP his first two years.

With the amount of these available im sure that card will fall back to earth once he finally has an average year because of slump, injury or whatever

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
You'll regret saying that. This kid IS the face of baseball. He's a good dude and comes from a great family. Everyone goes through slumps and injury. Trout has the IT factor and will be better than Harper as much as everyone hates hearing that because they think Harper is GOD. Don't get me wrong, I like both guys but Trout is already 5 tool and if it wasn't for Miggy, he would have been MVP his first two years.

Im not going to regret saying it

Trout is easily the first or second best player in baseball depending on who you ask

Reality is, the chances of him having a bad or average season soon are extremely high due to any number of things beyond his control

With around 1500 base chrome autos plus all color variants there are way more of them than the 387 Pujols chrome autos that were redeemed

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008

With the amount available?

Go look on eBay. They're getting scarce

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
It was not an easy card to pull from what i remember. Only seen 1 copy locally and that's including the Toronto Expo unless they were all bought up secretly.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
There are more Chrome Pujols Auto's on ebay currently that are overpriced and are just going to sit there. There are Trout Chromes that are going to be bought up every day and the overpriced Pujols will still be sitting on ebay. More demand than supply for Trout will equal higher prices. Pujols STILL has 7 years on his contract that he will never fullfill. As great as he was and and scarce as that card still is- demand for Trout will be their for the next TEN years at least. How many will be tucked away in PC's? How many will be available in the secondary market? You want to talk about slumps and injuries? What IF Pujols was found out that he lied about his age, then PED's were in his history and Trout is the healthy CLEAN one? Yes anything can happen.....

Members online

Latest posts