Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Visiting NYC in May...Suggestions please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
I've got a week long vacation planned and I've never been. I'm hoping the FCB community can recommend some sports/baseball related things to do. The Yankees are in town so I plan on catching a game and hitting up a few local hobby shops.

Non-sports suggestions are also welcome. I'll be staying with my friend in Brooklyn and we are beholden to public transit at the moment.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
As far as nonbaseball things to do, Brooklyn Brewery is cool if you like beer, and the Museum of Sex is always an interesting place in the city.
Hoboken is the birth place of baseball, but there's not much to see there besides a plaque and a mural, but the path train is only a half hour ride at most and costs only a few dollars...

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
You'd probably have to take MetroNorth to White Plains. NYC subway doesn't go up that far.

That's easy enough to do, just need to take the subway to grand central and then take the Metro North going to N. White Plains (though you'd want to get off at the White Plains stop, not the N White Plains one). An hour and $8.5 for the train each way, and $2.5 each time you get on the subway.
[MENTION=6581]BBCgalaxee[/MENTION] also has a store in the Bronx, though I've never been.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
If your doing the subway, chinatown and little italy are near each other great food and nice just walking around. Also the village

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jdbrak

Feb 16, 2009
That's not even close to the best burger in the city. Minetta tavern, or corner bistro if you want a cheap one

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
I lived in NYC for seven years and have been to White Plains several times. IMHO, there are better things to do in NY than to go to a card show.

My top advice for NYC visitors is to GO TO AMAZING RESTAURANTS. If you PM me, I'd be happy to help you out. NYC is a food town. Don't go to a Broadway show You can see The Lion King in whatever big city you live near, but you can't go to the amazing restaurants NYC has to offer. You don't need to spend a lot of money to try get amazing food. (somewhere I have a list of great restaurants from $6 a meal to $500 a meal.)

Seriously, PM me and I'd be happy to chat via email.

For collectors in the city, the most interesting place I went was "Gotta Have It." They focus on vintage autos and similar items of all types (music, film politics, sports). It's worth checking out. Feel free to hit the White Plains show if you have a lot of time, but it will take most of a day to get there, walk around the show and then get back to the city. NYC has so much to offer, I don't think it's worth it.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
If you want to do some major shopping and going to rent a car, might want to head up to west nyack ny to palisades center mall.

It's probably 20 mins from the Westchester county center and is the eighth largest mall in the country.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Latest posts