Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Panini making patch data base

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
In the process of producing it for higher end patches.

Cards will have a qr code to scan which will bring you to the data base.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I like how you can see the actual card on the production line and see if the patch matches the scan. Good way to determine on the secondary market if the patch is fake.

I wonder if it'll also tell any info on what game/season the patch came from.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I like how you can see the actual card on the production line and see if the patch matches the scan. Good way to determine on the secondary market if the patch is fake.

I wonder if it'll also tell any info on what game/season the patch came from.

The later would be a nice addition, especially for vintage theme sets.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Very interesting for sure.

So from now on, no more redemptions. Instead, those will be replaced with a point value.

So you go to their site and get to pick a card (or item) that is the same as the point value.

Right now, sounds very interesting. Hopefully it'll work out well.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Looks like they're trying to find a substitute for redemptions too. Nice to see they're making an effort to address some common issues.

With the rewards system, I"m afraid of opening a pack of Panini baseball, pulling a points card redemption, and not being able to find any athlete who has a point value low enough that I can redeem that points card to get their auto or relic without having to collect more points redemptions cards.

As for the patch database, i think they have it all wrong. They should DNA or otherwise invisible tag the patch and then they can charge $5-10 for you to send it to them or have them check it at a major card show to verify the patch is legit or tell you it's fake. It's an expense to them to photo or tag whatever patches they deem cool enough without having a revenue stream to offset any expenses in the process.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Seems like a great start! I'd love to have at least a tiny bit more confidence in the GU cards I've bought.

But hold on a second... Topps was supposed to be the company who "is continually coming up with new and creative ways to reach the next generation," aims to "improve the retail and collecting experience," and claims "with the ongoing support of MLB, we will continue to produce the most innovative and exciting collectibles in the marketplace."

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Well with no license it's nice to see them making an effort. I was excited for Donruss but the small checklist kills it a bit for me. Keep improving, innovating, and design cutting edge cards and I will be a buyer.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Cool. But I see the point system as a potential issue. They have no more motivation to have good cards people want, available. If they do, as already mentioned, it'll probably take a few hard to find redemptions. So we are still at square one where you may open a box and still be shorted an auto. Only now, it's because a redemption card you pulled might not be enough points to redeem for anything.

Also, if the points can be combined, all the big wax breakers will have the upper hand. Not that they don't already. But at least, normally, an average Joe can pull a nice hit. Now what? All the guys busting cases combine their points and spend them on all the good cards?

Plus, where do these cards come from? Are they going to be like Topp's auto cards that are from no set or year?

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
With the rewards system, I"m afraid of opening a pack of Panini baseball, pulling a points card redemption, and not being able to find any athlete who has a point value low enough that I can redeem that points card to get their auto or relic without having to collect more points redemptions cards.

FWIW, Panini also said that while their Prizm line will continue in baseball, they're adding (supposedly) higher performing secondary market autograph content as well as more diecuts and colored parallels. The I also believe they said the pack configuration would be different for future Prizm baseball.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Plus, where do these cards come from? Are they going to be like Topp's auto cards that are from no set or year?

They'll include cards from sets you're familiar with. At least that's what it looked like from the mock-up screen shots. But Panini showed say, a Certified EJ Manuel jersey, a Gold Standard basketball jersey, etc. Probably cards they hold back in the print run for replacements or didn't get inserted into packs. Cards you redeem are live will ship within days, not weeks or months.

Members online

Latest posts