Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have you ever sent your favorite player a card to autograph through the mail?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I used to be a huge TTM (through the mail) autograph collector. Especially during the '80s, when a large percentage of players and Hall of Famers signed. I still write a few players every year, but hardly any players sign for free anymore.

Anyway, I noticed a lot of you player collectors and fans collect cards of guys, mainly retired players, who are known as good TTM signers.

How many of you have written a player who you collect and have gotten a reponse back?

It's awesome to receive an autograph in your mailbox of someone you admire.
These are the kinds of collectibles that mean the most to me, besides in-person autographs, of course.

The players I collect, except for Rickey Henderson, were great TTM signers.
My favorite current player, Andre Ethier, always signed TTM his first few years in the league and sent a short note back twice.
Same with Jeff Francis.
And Hall of Famer Charlie Gehringer was an awesome TTM signer, which encouraged me to collect his stuff.
I have several notes from him, pictures and he even sent me a signed baseball around 1988.

So what about your favorite players?

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
I am a huge Clayton Kershaw fan and he signs through the mail pretty regularly but can take up to a year to get it back. Very cool guy!

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I remember sending a 1996 Fleer Dimaond Tribute to Rickey in the mail. I forget what team I sent it to, but I never got it back and don't know what ever happened to it. I always thought that card would be sweet signed.

Courtesy of COMC.com

lilcat19

Feb 27, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
I got a card back from David Eckstein when he was with the Cards. He has always been one of my favorites since he is a little guy who gives all he has, which is how I have always had to be, especially in tennis. I got one back from Nick Green, Danny Putnam, Kevin Melillo, Philip Humber and Brandon Webb. I think I am going to try some this year and see what I get. Not expecting much of anything, but it is worth a shot.

My favorite one I ever got back was from Huston Street. I sent him a letter when he was in AA the year he was drafted but I didn't have a card (for obvious reasons). He wrote me back a letter and it is one of my favorite things that I own.

HustonLetter.jpg

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I sent Albert Pujols a card in 2002. Never got it back. Looked up unsigned versions the other day and that card sells for 200-400 dollars.
Man, that sucks. TTM collecting can be risky, but it has great rewards.
Back in the late '80s I naively sent many rookie cards to players and never got them back.
Rookie cards like Ozzie Smith, Wade Boggs and Tony Gwynn were lost forever. :(

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I sent to Jeter once back before the hounds ruined that. He sent a autograph back with a letter saying due to the people who are using several addresses being greedy he can no longer honor TTM requests. The letter was printed and has been lost in the shuffle. But thanks hounds hope you made your money and your family is proud.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
It was a 2001 Upper Deck SP Authentic. We found it in a commons box late 2001 or early 2002.We paid 5 dollars for it at that time. Im not sure what it booked for at that point but probably not much. I love the look of that card it and would look good signed.
looked like thispujols01.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts